Options

Preparing for the "Technical Interview"

wyss34wyss34 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone!

Just posting because I have been in the process of working my way into my companies "Cisco Associate" program. They have quite an extensive interview process and I have no problem doing interviews, I feel comfortable and I feel I conduct myself very professionally. However, they have told me that I will be going through a "technical interview" with a senior engineer. They have stated that the technical knowledge required is not high at all because it is an associate program where they take you through the steps of a self study program and mold you into a delivery engineer. This aside, I find myself slightly nervous for this interview. I have been studying non-stop Cisco advanced technologies for 2 years now, i hold my CCNA/CCNP but I still find myself nervous. I guess it could be that I don't really know what to expect and I fear I will blank out to a very obvious question they ask. I know I shouldn't be concerned, I guess I just find myself needing some reassurance.

So has anyone conducted or been on the other side of a "Technical Interview"? Any advice? Suggestions?

Thanks!

D

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I can understand exactly how you feel. I just got through a technical interview with Time Warner the other day for their IP backbone top tier support. I had the hiring manager plus two engineers shooting questions my way. Everything went great and it was a very enjoyable experience, although my nerves were shot all the way up to the interview...

From the sounds of it you have the technical skills and so you should do fine. My only advise is to try not to think about it. Try to forget you have the interview and go about your daily business. There is nothing worse to showing up to an interview tired because you couldn't sleep the night before.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender