match access-group 102
class B
match access group 103

policy-map test
class A
priority percent 20

class B
priority 30

As you can see the above configuration is simple, according to Chris Bryant video Cisco is not allowing this configuration. However, when I tried configuring it allows me to configure it without any notifications?

Which one is correct it is possible to mix both priority and pririty percent?
In BW it is clear with me that the rule should not mix and I have already tried.

For the sake of the exam I want to know if I can mix the priority kbps and priority precent in one policy map.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    edit I did this in my home lab and you are correct you can mix the values only in priority queues but for non priority queues they all have to be the same.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    And I thought you could mix them. As I understood it, if you applied the kbps command, and then put the percent command, the IOS was smart enough to equate the percent into a kbps number, and apply it. Vice versa if you went with the percent command first.

If you have your router handy, do a show after you inputted the mix and see if you don't get a consistent output. I'd put odds that you won't get both kbps and percent... it'll be one or the other. I believe that's what's meant by not mixing.

If you don't get a chance to do the above and reply before Tuesday, I'll throw it together in our lab at work and post the results. Post your output too.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
    Hi thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay I am very busy studying and reviwing my notes.
    Please I would appreciate if you could put the output ih the forum.

I will try this later and post as amy exam is this coming 16th Oct.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Hey MAC.

Looks like I was wrong... and kryolla's got it right. Here's the output from my 1841, after using your commands:
    !
    class-map match-all A
     match access-group 102
    class-map match-all B
     match access-group 103
    !
    !
    policy-map test
     class A
      priority percent 20
     class B
      priority 30
    !
    !
    !
    interface Loopback0
     ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.255
     ip router isis
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
     ip address 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.252
     ip router isis
     duplex auto
     speed auto
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/1
     ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.252
     ip router isis
     duplex auto
     speed auto
    !
    router isis
     net 49.0001.1111.2222.3333.4446.00
    !

Not sure what to tell you, except that it appears to work fine, without errors. It may not be cisco best practice, but I can't see why CB would say it's not allowed. Interesting.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
    Thanks for posting, this is my concern what if the question in the exam if possible to use priority % and priority kbps? what will be the answer?

though we all know that it is possible with out any problems, maybe as Cisco's best practices it is better to choose not to mix to keep safe.