US Coast Guard

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
Is anyone in the Coast Guard?

I'm thinking about this very seriously and would like opinions.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you may want to sit back and breath for a while.

WARNING - "REALITY CHECK" RANT FOLLOWS:
    You left your former job, accepting an offer from another company for more money. You never actually worked there because during the transition you decided to accept a different offer for a little less money but shorter drive. You loved the first few days there, then became bored. Now you've been there less than a month and you're "seriously" considering the Coast Guard? Unless this has been something you've really wanted to do, and researched, and spoken with a recruiter sometime in the past (and I mean longer ago than yesterday or last week), I would say it's a "fad" and you need to take a month or more to let this decision soak in.

The Armed Forces will own you for the coming years, your time won't belong to you, you will no longer have the creature comforts of home, and you can't change your mind 2 weeks into basic training.

/RANT

Sorry Fade, I'm a dad myself and the lecture came from that perspective, nothing personal against you. I wish you well whatever you decide. Best regards,

sprkymrk
    All things are possible, only believe.