YouTube glitch

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Well, unless somehown tells me how, it's a glitch.

When I click on another video while one is already playing, the one that's playing continues to download thus filling up the bandwidth. There's no stop option and when you click pause, the video still downloads.

Isn't that a glitch? Shouldn't someone at YouTube think that if someone clicks on a new video the old one should stop immediately? Bad coders! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It isn't a glitch. It is just how flash works in a browser. You can't send messages between applets.

This is a case of "Doctor, it hurts when I do this! Well, don't do that then" anyway.
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    are you telling me it's impossible to put a 'stop' button on the youtube player?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tiersten wrote:
    It isn't a glitch. It is just how flash works in a browser. You can't send messages between applets.

He's just looking for an option to stop the download instead of pausing it and having it continue to download.

Is this really a problem for you? What kind of connection are you on? I've never had this been problematic for me.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    It's not a glitch, it's suppose to "keeping on downloading" to cache the streaming content. Regardless of whether you open a new video or not, and whether the active video is playing or paused, or stopped, the content will cache until completion.

What I usually do for the videos that have multiple parts is I open them in seperate tabs, pause the later parts and let them download while I have the part I am watching playing while caching. I don't usually have issues with the bandwidth, it plays fine even with all the active streaming for the later parts. However, I use a 9Mb cable connection..... icon_lol.gif
    Jack of all trades, master of none