Options

MCSA books recommendetions - please.

hello,
what books would You guys recommend for MCSA (including some exercises)? I was thinking about MCGRAW OSBORNE http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Server-70-290-70-291-70-270/dp/0072226366/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223971529&sr=8-6 is it any good, I used them for NETWORK+ and now for Server+ (seemed very good, easy to read and reader friendly).

Also: is it possible to achieve this cert within 3 months time (I'll be spending on average 20-25 hours a week studying)?

As always, any comments greatly appreciated

Thanks
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't comment on that set, as I never used them. Most have recommended the actual MS Press books, although they aren't too fun to read they have proven to be enough to pass the exams.

With 20-25 hours a week of study, including hands-on labs, I would say you could do it in 3 months, but everyone is different. What's your background/experience?

Good luck. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    I work in technical support department, in XP, Vista and Windows server 2003. I'm going to set up a small network at home, so I can do it in the real world. I have an elective exam done already, only need to do the 3 core exams.

Thank You very much for Your response.
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP