Multiple opportunities, but how do I choose?

ZoomerZoomer Member Posts: 126
I have been to a few interviews over the past month and a few places have called me back wanting to work with me. Now my dilemma is that my girlfriend, who is pregnant, moved to New York. (she found out she was pregnant after she moved). I have been in contact with a recruiter out there who is offering me more contract work out there and now I am being called to an interview for a great job (in my area).

I haven't talked to the recruiter in New York since this new development, but how should I handle the situation? I was recommended to the interview (in my area) through a great reference and I don't want to blow them off, but at the same time I am leaning more towards New York (for obvious reasons).

The job I'm interviewing for here is nearly a sure thing, my reference says, while the recruiter in New York has simply stated that there are at least 3 jobs I could interview for out there. What do I do?

Comments

• DefendingNetworksDefendingNetworks Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why are you not with your girl?
  • ZoomerZoomer Member Posts: 126
    I had to get all of my finances in order before I move out there. With the way the economy is going I didn't want to just quit my job and move out there hoping to find something. I was planning on moving out there in February, but since this latest development I've now had to expedite my move. I had sent out resumes over 2 months back, and in the last 2 weeks have started recieving a large volume of calls for interviews, but mostly around my area. This week has been the 1st week that I have recieved calls concerning jobs in New York.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Congratulations!
    Kam.