network audit report

ycf.kassedycf.kassed Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi adminstrators

Could someone helps me to make a network audit report.
For parc that engloble 53 pcs

and if some one has a report could he or she , shared with me
i've to do this report but i do not know from where to begin

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What are the specifications? You need to know what you will be evaluating and how. There is not a single way to do this, you need to know what your boss expects.
  • ycf.kassedycf.kassed Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well my manager need to know or to be clear , i need to give him a real view about what is on the parc of machine.
    I need to show him the weakness that are on site and the way that can resolve then boost the network to work perfectly.
    ycf.kassed wrote:
    well my manager need to know or to be clear , i need to give him a real view about what is on the parc of machine.
    I need to show him the weakness that are on site and the way that can resolve then boost the network to work perfectly.

Look into the following resources:

* Nmap
    * LANSweeper
    * MBSA
    * WireShark

These are some of the tools I would use to accomplish this.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    There are also scripts you can run. For example, I have a PowerShell script that can build an Excel spreadsheet of all installed software on a particular machine.

Although expensive, this is a good tool.

http://www.gfi.com/lannetscan/

For MBSA, also check out the freely available Visio plugin.
    Good luck to all!
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    There are also scripts you can run. For example, I have a PowerShell script that can build an Excel spreadsheet of all installed software on a particular machine.

Nice, you should share that! Did you write it yourself?
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    HeroPsycho wrote:

Not sure about PowerShell, but I've used this in the past http://sydiproject.com

It inspired me to write a little C# application to do a similar job, but export the output into MoinMoin wiki format. I hate documentation icon_rolleyes.gif and one day I'll have enough time to complete this app (it does enough for me now) :)
    Thanks for the link, Stupidboy. Seems like a good application.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    HeroPsycho wrote:

Nice, you should share that! Did you write it yourself?

Naw, I didn't write it.

http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/yli628/archive/2008/01/16/powershell-script-to-list-installed-software-on-local-computer.aspx
    Good luck to all!