1 year anniversary coming up

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
Wedding anniversary that is....

I'm in need of a bit of help. I'm looking for some ideas on what to do. I'm already covering the obvious like flowers, dinner ect...

One suggestion I had was a Hot air balloon ride... The one I looked into was $200 per person... that was a bit high to me. It was a cool idea though because it is something memorable.

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might want to think of

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

instead of flowers
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its hard to come up with anything "original" but i guess seen as though you live in the US there will be plenty of places you could go for a nice weekend away.

Obviously you can do all the usual like meal, flowers etc.

I like personal touches - write a loving message to her (either on a card or a piece of paper) - sounds sloppy but women (or at least mine) loves it when you put a personal touch into it. infact she prefers that to something full blown which costs a bomb...then again she likes that too once in a while icon_lol.gif

Or maybe your wife has a passion for something she would love to do - see a broadway show, place of interest etc etc. keep it as a suprise and she'll love it.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ménage à trois

It sounds so much classier when it's in French...
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    dynamik wrote:
    Ménage à trois

Nothing says I love you like asking another person to join in. icon_eek.gif
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On the note, you can use specialty paper that was made by hand and have your message printed out in gold leaf. Tip the waiter at the restaurant to bring the message envelope on a covered platter sitting atop a rose at the end of the dinner. icon_wink.gif Can include tickets to something inside the envelope.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    The first anniversary is paper. The second is wood, and I think the third is, uh, beef? Or is it pork? icon_scratch.gif
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Get a lot of your best photos together and create a card from them (and yes I do mean scan them first, cutting the real ones up would probably not be taken the same way :) ), ideally write a poem that weaves them together. Everything you buy is just a token, show her the times together mean something.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    jbrown414 wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Ménage à trois

Uh, swinger party? icon_exclaim.gificon_eek.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Talic wrote:
    jbrown414 wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Ménage à trois

Uh, swinger party? icon_exclaim.gificon_eek.gificon_exclaim.gif

icon_lol.gif I don't think my wife will go for it....

JDMurray:
    I've heard those before, I guess if the first year is paper than we have that covered with a couple of the ideas posted above.

Beef or pork for the third year huh? I suppose if her parents have pigs on their farm that year, then we could do that icon_lol.gif
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    My wife and I will be celebrating our five year next month. I got lucky as she doesn't care for expensive things. We're both taking the day off and sending our son to the babysitter so we can go have lunch together. We're poor and we both know it so no expensive gifts. I'll most likely just make some coupons. For example: one 10 minute back massage or a get of do the dishes card. I've learned that something you make yourself is better than something you buy. It shows that you put the effort in to make it instead of just going out a buying something.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Ménage à trois

even swearing sounds more sophisticated in French. haha
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Remember that scene in the second Matrix? icon_lol.gif
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:

Remember that scene in the second Matrix? icon_lol.gif

haha oh yea. it was awesome. i think i may watch that tonight just so i can hear it again.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    JDMurray wrote:
    The first anniversary is paper. The second is wood, and I think the third is, uh, beef? Or is it pork? icon_scratch.gif

Cover her in post-it notes!! :D
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    http://www.outofsolitude.com/

dude check out these rings. this guy i met along time ago and he makes cool custom rings
    but the balloon ride sounds fun. i went on it make sure if you you do th guy has 2 burners
    one is a backup..you know how us IT guys are we need that failover. and in a balloon
    oh yeah you need failover..I did it before fun but scary with only 1 burner..

;)
    Ahriakin

dude that is a very nice idea wow!
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Take Sat. off (if you guys can and don't have kids to worry about) and drive up to the UP to check out the fall colors, pack a picnic lunch and find somewhere quiet along the way to stop and eat. Don't talk about work, bills, etc. just some nice quality you and her time, where she gets to be the focus.

Later you guys can always play the band-aid game. One gets blindfolded, the other strips and puts a little circle band-aid somewhere on their body. Then the blindfolded one has to find it without using their hands or eyes.

Good luck, and Congrats!!
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Cut out a bunch of circles of paper and stick them to the bottom of hershey kisses. On each circle of paper write something you love about your wife. Just little things so you can make as many as possible. As she she eats them over the next couple weeks or soo she'll be reminded of how you feel about her.
    Working on Linux+
    There are some good ideas here! I would love to take some time to go to the UP on Saturday. Our daughter is in a youth cheer leading program and has a game to cheer at on Saturday and my wife is the coach. Whatever we do will probably be on Monday which is the day of our anniversary.
    JDMurray wrote:
    The first anniversary is paper.

Divorce papers? She's got a sense of humor, right? icon_lol.gif

Seriously. Break the ice with that, and ANYTHING you give/do afterwards will seem fantastic!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    dynamik wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:
    The first anniversary is paper.

Divorce papers? She's got a sense of humor, right? icon_lol.gif

Seriously. Break the ice with that, and ANYTHING you give/do afterwards will seem fantastic!

PERFECT!! my first anniversary is tomorrow :D
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    So you want something original?

Setup your desk and laptop in a picnic area and take your books and couple of DVD's. Then order some pizza and have it delivered "onsite". Watch a movie, listen to music, eat and study :)

Tip pizza guy a bit extra for being able to find your 'office' :)
    mrhaun03

man some of you gus should write books on love wow! how romantic a women would say
    "i think!?" hee hee wow! great ideas!
  • moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you should go to Afghanistan for honeymoon icon_lol.gif
    moss12 wrote:
    I think you should go to Afghanistan for honeymoon icon_lol.gif
    Can I cross in Pah-ka-stahn? icon_eek.gif

Our honeymoon was awesome... Maybe had i been smart and saved up over the past year we could have done another cruise.
  • pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    Buy her a corvette for you! Then let her have a relaxing evening by herself and youll go "test" out the car.
    Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!
  • rubberToerubberToe Inactive Imported Users Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I would say think more towards sentimental and personable rather than throwing money down on something haphazardly. Then it will show you put a lot of thought into, for instance my buddy had thought of his on the wedding night. He wanted to get something framed with his wedding night pictures in a nifty way to kind of rekindle that moment. He also hired a photographer to snap shots anonymously when he proposed in a public place to add too. The typical stuff as well.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Wedding anniversary that is....

I'm in need of a bit of help. I'm looking for some ideas on what to do. I'm already covering the obvious like flowers, dinner ect...

One suggestion I had was a Hot air balloon ride... The one I looked into was $200 per person... that was a bit high to me. It was a cool idea though because it is something memorable.

Keep it simple.

Spend time with your spouse, maybe a slightly 'better' then average dinner (or breakfast), but I wouldn't get crazy about it....it's only a year. Then again, I'm not a romantic like some of the guys here. Chocolate....Dark Chocolate....for me. Skip the flowers and jewelry...too expensive and wasteful. However, JD is correct, 1st year is paper.

SIMPLE is best ;)

Congratulations!!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?