Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 for $59.99 for Students

darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343

Comments

• TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I still prefer Open Office even though I it's a good deal. It's tempting to get it since schools train you to use it in the classroom. Having 2 main computers and using Linux most of the time on my laptop doesn't help either.

btw Open Office 3 is out which supports Office 07's .doc, I haven't tried it though. http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

A little off topic, does Office 07's template for resumes help with making them look more professional. I didn't really get to play around with resume templates at school so I hope someone would know.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Gotta love those student discounts from Microsoft. Personally, I've been sneaking a peak at Channel 8 to see if there's anything new that I don't already have. Between that and TechNet, I'm never without the latest versions of what Microsoft's peddling, dirt-cheap. :D
    Talic wrote:
    A little off topic, does Office 07's template for resumes help with making them look more professional. I didn't really get to play around with resume templates at school so I hope someone would know.
    They do, but it's only a matter of time before Word 2007's format will become recognized as "yet another Word resume-wizard resume", like we've seen with 2000, 2002(XP), and 2003

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.