Options

Passed 290

steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took 290 on Saturday and passed. Very happy.

I found it the easiest exam so far. The 290 material coincides almost exactly with my job description. Very little of it was new to me.

Still, I have spent 4 months going through the MS book twice, doing all the labs, set up VMware with 2 servers (DC and TS server) and XP client. The last 10 days before the exam I was studying on the train to work, at lunch, on the train home, and from 8PM to 1AM. I always tend to over-prepare for these things. It was worth it in the end, I got 980.

I found the Sims very straightforward. There were 5 sims, and only 30 questions in total. A few questions were badly worded, but I'm getting used to that now, this was my 4th MS exam :D

I used the MS book and measureUp, and Transcender. Those exams were way harder than the real thing. They had lots of "tick all that apply", "build list and re-order" , ones that are tough to get 100% correct. There weren't many of those at all in the MS exam, usually it was "choose 1 out of 4".

On to 291, I don't think I'll have an easy ride with this one! It's pitched slightly above my duties in work (ie our network is already set up and running fine) so it'll be a challenge.

Tempted to chance it before December 31 though as my second shot that I got yesterday is only valid until then. Then I can re-take it any time before Feb 28.

Comments