GPMC on 64bit version of Windows 2003?

MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Is there a GPMC on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003? I had a looksie and couldn't find one? icon_confused.gif

Or maybe i'm going mad!

Cheers for any help,

Mike

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As far as I know there is no GPMC for 64 Bit. You can however use the 32 Bit version on a 32 Bit PC / Server and administrate the 64 Bit machine remotely.

Ah, edit :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a6d4c24-8cbd-4b35-9272-dd3cbfc81887&displaylang=en
    The GPMC does not run on 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows.

Setup for GPMC with SP1 automatically removes the original version before installing the new version. However, if you have installed any pre-release versions of GPMC (such as beta or release candidate versions), you must first remove the pre-release version of GPMC before installing GPMC with SP1.
    The sample scripts that shipped with the previously released version of GPMC will be replaced with new sample scripts included in GPMC with SP1. If you modified any of the sample scripts and you want to preserve those changes, rename your modified sample scripts to a different file name before installing GPMC with SP1.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Hi Guys,

Is there a GPMC on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003? I had a looksie and couldn't find one? icon_confused.gif

Or maybe i'm going mad!

Cheers for any help,

Mike

I ran into this problem a few months ago. I had to just install adminpak on my workstation and do it that way. No GPMC on 2k3x64...cant believe MS would have done that to us :/

We had a single DC on 2k3x32...added 2 2k3x64 DC's, then found out you cant use GPMC on them. They'll still hold all the AD information and whatnot, but you just cant do the admin work from them.
  • MikeInMoseleyMikeInMoseley Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey thought that might be the case but i didn't want to have just missed the obvious.

Cheers guys!