Sprint Blackberry 8330 issue

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have a Blackberry I was trying to setup for someone last week and I keep running into a problem where it asks me for driver files. icon_cry.gif
I don't have a CD for it.

It's brand new and was tested on another machine with the same OS, works fine. When I attach it to her laptop it sees the blackberry but prompts for drivers that I don't have. I look in device manager and see two Blackberry devices flagged(one says Blackberry and the other is RIM). I installed the software the way I usually do. I checked and deleted any other blackberry software.

I had some techs recommend other things to me. One suggested removing everything RIM-related from the registry, and another guy told me to try a chkdsk /r. The latter I haven't tried since I don't know if that would help, but I'm open to any other suggestions. :D

I'm trying to see if I can download the software and install manually from the sprint site. Don't know if that will work though, as my company provides me with the driver files for stuff. They had the 8330 software on our server which I installed, but it didn't help.

[edit] Oh, and I got the model wrong. :D
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I have a Blackberry I was trying to setup for someone last week and I keep running into a problem where it asks me for driver files. icon_cry.gif
    I don't have a CD for it.

It's brand new and was tested on another machine with the same OS, works fine. When I attach it to her laptop it sees the blackberry but prompts for drivers that I don't have. I look in device manager and see two Blackberry devices flagged(one says Blackberry and the other is RIM). I installed the software the way I usually do. I checked and deleted any other blackberry software.

I had some techs recommend other things to me. One suggested removing everything RIM-related from the registry, and another guy told me to try a chkdsk /r. The latter I haven't tried since I don't know if that would help, but I'm open to any other suggestions. :D

I'm trying to see if I can download the software and install manually from the sprint site. Don't know if that will work though, as my company provides me with the driver files for stuff. They had the 8330 software on our server which I installed, but it didn't help.

[edit] Oh, and I got the model wrong. :D

I have come across this before. I had two machines that are clones of eachother; one detected the BB Device and one didnt icon_scratch.gif i solved this by getting the latest and greatest desktop software from blackberry https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

this should install the destkop software, as well as the drivers needed for the computer to detect the device ad sync. I have found recently that sometimes the latest and greatest software version doesnt work (I think V_4.6 should do the trick though). Now Im not sure, but from the sound of it, you're just trying to do a PIM sync to transfer data to the device. If youre looking to do something else, then let us know.

hope this helps!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I heard something similar while browsing. I'll give one of those versions a try. I heard 4.3 also works, but we'll see. My company mostly only uses 4.2SP1. <_< >_>

Better than wasting a few hours backing up, reimaging, reinstalling apps.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i dont have a BB, but alot of my friends do, and they always say that when ever you have a problem with ya BB, got to the crackberry site...if you cant find the answer there, then you really have a problem and probably need to contact RIM...

http://forums.crackberry.com/
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    One suggest I might try is to go to
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
    and download the latest desktop manager.

That might do it...unfortunately she is gone until monday next week, so I am left in the cold for now. :D
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    One suggest I might try is to go to
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
    and download the latest desktop manager.

That might do it...unfortunately she is gone until monday next week, so I am left in the cold for now. :D

he he, Desktop Software/Desktop Manager is essentially the same thing (or at least thats how I interpret it). So yea, the desktop manager should get you the desired results. BTW V_4.6 is like 90MB so heads up.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security