Never secure

LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Unless you have TEMPEST or equivalent shielded equipment then you've been leaking information for years anyway. This includes LCDs.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    tiersten wrote:
    Unless you have TEMPEST or equivalent shielded equipment then you've been leaking information for years anyway. This includes LCDs.

Yep, but even that is not 100%. Let's just say I am very familiar with TEMPEST and emanations testing, and the images and data that can be extracted from thin air is amazing. With the right equipment, even with a wired printer with no NIC... I can raster an image of your data if I can get to the signal. That is a powerful demonstration for a CEO, walk up and hand him what he just printed on his classified "stand alone" printer.

Within all of these emanations and data recovery technologies there are things that would just blow the mind of an average everyday user.

Unless something is cremated, I wouldn't trust that nothing can be recovered... and unless you are in a tested steel room with TEMPEST equipment, I wouldn't trust that my signal was safe.

Sick stuff and very fun to learn about.