Options

Taking 70-270 this Thursday

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello all,

This is my first post here, it looks like pretty cool website and the community here seems like a very helpful one. I forgot how I found this website... maybe a Google search but I registered right away because there are a lot of helpful tips in other exams I have been eyeing on taking. With that being said I decided to take the XP exam this Thursday! The thing is I am not nervous at all and I am pretty confident! I've been studying my ass off for about 2 months (mostly practice tests), and I have real world experience (only 5 months) but its been an awesome learning experience during that course, we handle nothing but Microsoft products (Microsoft GOLD Certified Partners) and my boss takes extra time training me since we are a small company. I dont have any other certifications at the moment but I really want to attain that MCSE title then go for A+, Network+, CCNA, and maybe Security+. Do you think it's a good idea to go after the CompTIA stuff before or after the Microsoft?? After this exam, what track do I go on for MCSE? The Microsoft website kind of confuses me about that. Also is it a one exam requirement for MCP or two or more?

Thanks in advance! Wish me luck :)

-Chris R

Comments

• Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    You'll find that the CompTIA stuff will leave you better prepared for the MS exams, as well as serving as electives for your certifications.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I personally would go with the comptia courses first to set you up for the microsoft ones. The net+ would have helped in the 70-270 cause there is some networking and it helped me on some questions. Plus taking the a+ and net+ count towards your mcsa and the sec+ counts towards your mcse. Once you start down the mcse track usually people take the 70-290, 70-291, 70-293 usually in that order. You will get some overlap on the 290 that was in the 270 like RIS and the 293 has some overlap with the 291. So there you go hope that helps. As for the 270 on thursday make sure to know rism unattended installs and get ready for some questions that are as long as some short stories. Good luck.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yep, CompTIA are entry level certs, so they give you a good solid place to start. Then, as mentioned, they help with the Microsoft exams and can be used as electives.

It's a win/win situation.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Crap so I am going the wrong way

What a waste of studying...
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    No stay studying and get the 270 first then go for the others after
  • Options
    J-DubsJ-Dubs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! I am also scheduled to take it on Thursday morning.

-J
    True wisdom exists in knowing that you know nothing