Passed Network + Exam details

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
Well i accomplished my first certification today! I passed the Network plus with a 793. (Details below) I read both the Exam Cram 2 and Meyers passport. I really liked the Exam Cram 2, but i honestly have to say this website was as just as much help. I finished the exam with double checking my awnser with a remaining time of 10 minutes. So it was kind of close but i was told read carefully so i did. There was no air conditioning where i took the test so i was soaked! But anyways i just really wanted to thank this website and congrats them on there 2 year anniversary. Everyone is so kind and proffesional here! Special thanks goes to Webmaster, illogos and tkaadou for there time and help.

EXAM DETAILS
-I had a ton of port, osi layer, protocol and tcp switch questions!
-There were about 5 token ring questions specifially on speed and Mau's.
-General questions on Wan technologies.
-Link leds, max distances and wiring questions.
*They really stressed Static addressing for some reason. Lots of ?'s
*They really stressed DHCP and DNS questions. Lots of ?'s
-Traceroute, Netstat, Ping and Netbios.
-Lots of overal nic trouble shooting questions.
I would really recommend you study DHCP and DNS!
Any question Message me.
Thanks everyone!

Comments

• quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the new cert!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
  • jennie313jennie313 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • redsm0ke15redsm0ke15 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mobri09, I see you are from Pittsburgh. Did you take your test downtown? I'm planning on taking mine down there. I have to study it's been a while. What resources did you use? I have the transcender 1.0 but not sure if it's any good to study from since there is a new version 2.0. What do you think?
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Another Pittsburgh person?

I have been using Riverhead downtown for awhile. If you go there use VUE instead of Prometric (they are both, and I have heard less complaints from them about VUE).

I used to take my exams at New Horizons out at Parkway center, but they made me mad a couple of years ago.

Xitech out in Carnegie seems to have a nice testing facility, but I have only taken a class out there and no exams.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Yeh i just took the trolley straight downtown and walked a block and took the test! Hey i passed thats all that matters, but yeh it was really unorganized at Pittsburgh Technical Instute. Some teenager was running the Testing Center and there was no AC.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.