Options

Messaging or Security

Hi guys,
Let me ask you a blunt question: do you think, there is more work for people with MCSE Messaging or MCSE Security? Why would you advise me to get the Messaging and why the Security speciality?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do a search on the job boards to see what is more desired. I believe messaging usually wins by quite a bit. Do either because you're interested in them, do Messaging if you're focusing on getting a job, or do both if you have OCD.
  • Options
    banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    dynamik wrote:
    do both if you have OCD.
    icon_lol.gif Thanks!
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would go messeging first then go sec after if you want to obtain more certs. I see way more jobs for messeging then sec. and many companys use exchange.
  • Options
    I would go messeging first then go sec after if you want to obtain more certs. I see way more jobs for messeging then sec. and many companys use exchange.
    The second vote for Messaging then...
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Make it a third vote for messaging, and note that I have the security specializatiuon.
  • Options
    Make it a third vote for messaging, and note that I have the security specializatiuon.
    You wish you had a messaging specialization instead of security?
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Do both!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    undomiel wrote:
    Do both!
    I don't have OCD. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Another vote for Messaging.

Far more useful.
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote:
    Another vote for Messaging.

Far more useful.
    Your replies, guys, make me think... If it is far more useful then this is exactly what I am looking for. I don't want to spend time doing something which is not so desired by employers.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    amidamaruamidamaru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go for Security....basic principles always will help you for future Sec certifications.

The Security area will have always better quotations because there a fee people really well prepared.

Major companies always will search for good security guys because the success ideas need to be protected.

My opinion ;)
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    You gotta have the information and use it before you secure it. While I understand that attitude is why security practices are so awful, it's unfortunately how most businesses behave. Go messaging. And if you want a security cert, get one that's respected. Few potential employers care if you have MCSE: Security, but they do care if you're certified in Exchange if they're using it. It's probably unfair, but I doubt a Microsoft security certification would ever be widely valued because people see Microsoft + security as oil and water.
    Good luck to all!