Options

passed 526 yesterday

DeepCodeDeepCode Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the 526 yesterday with a 920. There were lots of questions on printing, asynchronous programming and controls. If you don't understand/know these 3 sections thorougly, you will probably fail. Which events to subsribe to, the proper sequence, which classes to inherit from, especially with deployment and "simple" stuff such as Menus and ToolStrips. The questiosn are evenly spread out otherwise. This exam requires more depth, compared to the breadth of the web apps exam.

For my preparation, I read the test kit, coded the chapter assignments, and some self-assigned projects, then I made a list of important "concepts" to know. I essentially made my own exam cram..... if you study the test kit thorougly, and supplement it fairly with the msdn, you should be fine. There were some questions on concepts I didn't see in the test kit - so be prepared for that. Maybe you can just go ahead and read the whole msdn documentation ;).

For those without "experience", this will be a good first exam to take. Now I'm moving on to the Distributed apps exam.

Comments