Options

CATOS - IOS commands

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Probably not necessarily a NP topic but i thought this would be the best place to ask my silly question.

Anyone know the equivelant to show vlan brief in CATOS? i know you can do the show vlan but im trying to identify which ports are in which vlan?

I noticed cisco have a conversion tool but i dont have the super duper access required for it?

thanks
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    I have a cat1900 running catOS, and "show vlan" works on it. Not on yours?

Edit: And the conversion tool isn't what you think it is. The tool is an application that takes the config from a catOS device and completely transposes it into IOS format. The assumption is that you're pulling out a catOS device and replacing it with an IOS device. You wouldn't go through the hassle of downloading and installing an application like this just to input a running-config with one command. I don't think you would, anyway.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah it works. but it doesnt show me the interfaces are in which vlan.

Anyway, after i figured out i should stop being a numpty i finally found it in the "show config" command. Think my eyes bypassed it with all these "set" commands :D

I finally see what cisco looked like many moons ago? icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    show port status would tell you which ports are in which VLAN along with other handy "at a glance" info such as speed/duplex etc.....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4000/6.3and6.4/command/reference/sh_m_r.html#wpxref24240

sh vlan also looks like it works to me......look in the "mod ports" colums and it tells you which slot/interface is a member of the VLAN, example below;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4000/6.3and6.4/command/reference/sh_t_z.html#wpxref30550
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As others have stated, show vlan should work.

The Mod/Ports column will show you what ports belong to what vlan. Should be a lot easier than examing the "show config" line by line.

If you're not interested in seeing all the output, you can use CTRL + C to exit after you get what you need.

Show port status is also a good command, but show vlan is best for a quick summary.