Internet Discussions

PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
Serious business....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0Bbq7QywA

Courtesy of Mgeorge...

If you're like me.. after watching this and laughing.. i think you die a little inside each time.
CCIE - COMPLETED!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What was the point of that?

You owe me five and a half minutes of your life icon_twisted.gif
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_evil.gif Die Internet Discussion, Die! icon_evil.gif

Why do people think T1s are high speed? My cable is 10 times faster...
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You know what?

What the hell is that guy's problem? What motivation could he have to slowly suck all our lives away like this? BBBBAAAAHHHH!!!!!! What an evil bastard!!!!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    It's been removed already! damn missed it...... lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Hosana wrote: »
    You can get to know about your internet speed here IP Details.com : Internet Speed test
    Its as easy as you enter your IP address that you get to know the speed of your connection.
    Cheers!

There are loads of sites like this out there, but not many ISP will recognise the figures they report. Hmmm I wonder why ?!
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hosana wrote: »
    Cool there,
    You can get to know about your internet speed here IP Details.com : Internet Speed test
    Its as easy as you enter your IP address that you get to know the speed of your connection.
    Cheers!
    This is second time I've tested mine now. I have DSL and I'm paying for double what my actual speed is.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    earweed wrote: »
    This is second time I've tested mine now. I have DSL and I'm paying for double what my actual speed is.

DSL is always best effort with the infrastructure you have to your PC all the way from the exchange. They will ramp it up until your line starts getting too many errors then they lower it and set your rate. If you were to lower what you are paying for, your speed would still go down relatively. What I can't figure out is why there is a difference between up speed and down speed.

When the wife and I decided to move away from our home town, one of the major factures in choosing a new location was cable access. The mrs doesn't know this btw.
    Kam.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    DSL companies around here actually guarantee a range of speeds that you will get. Of course they advertise you are getting DSL at the top of that range. I always ask what the bottom end of that range is when ordering service. If I find that my speeds are much lower than the bottom range I call them to have it fixed.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    When the wife and I decided to move away from our home town, one of the major factures in choosing a new location was cable access. The mrs doesn't know this btw.

That is very bold kam, remember it's because there are several high quality shoe shops in the local town centre ;)

I am using the same factor on my next decision to rent somewhere, DSL after 3 years is not for me! :)
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    . What I can't figure out is why there is a difference between up speed and down speed.
    Businesses pay more for the upload speed (such as for webites) whereas we do mostly D/L so teh service they sell us has slower u/l speed. Since we do mostlyd/l'ing more of our bandwidth is used for that.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What...you mean you don't all have 10Ge? Pfft....(now if only I could use it for anything interesting)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?