Options

MAC COMMERCIALS

ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it me or are these mac commercials about vista just getting old?By the looks of how many times I see these mac commercials I think mac is spending more on advertisement then MS.
Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ha! no what you mean but have you seen those MS ad's? "hi im a pc"...wtf
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You are not the only.

I can't believe they have the nerve to talk about the money Windows spends on marketing! Those stupid commercials are on all the time during prime time so you know they are spending a pretty penny on that.

If I ever see the guy from those commercials in real life I will have to punch him just for being in those stupid commercials. He has committed career suicide and will forever be known as "the MAC guy."

disclaimer: I'm not a MAC or PC hater, the commercials just annoy the hell out of me.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speaking of punching, there have been a few commercials that are on so often that if I ever came across the actors in them, I would introduce their face to a shovel.

That Verizon commercial where that old man at a motel says "The towels are kinda scratchy" is one example...I will punch that guy's head so hard it will turn to dust if I ever see him :)

Another one is the McDonald's commercial with that Basketball player sitting down eyeing that one dorky looking goofball...I simply can't stand that long-faced weirdo. I would enjoy taking a jackhammer to his face as well, and remind him his commercial drove me to do it.

As for that Mac dude, I wonder if he has ever had a conversation with a female before without needing to give his credit card # first? icon_rolleyes.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    As for that Mac dude, I wonder if he has ever had a conversation with a female before without needing to give his credit card # first? icon_rolleyes.gif

I might have to disagree with you there. I'm pretty sure, "I was in a movie with Bruce Willis" can take you pretty far. That might even help out someone like me icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Whoops, I meant to refer to the PC dude, not the Mac dude :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Whoops, I meant to refer to the PC dude, not the Mac dude :)

Yeah I doubt the PC dude has gotten much play from those commercials icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    What's up with you guys? Hodgman's pretty funny: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=114648&title=Net-Neutrality-Act

He just came out with a new book too: http://www.amazon.com/More-Information-Than-You-Require/dp/0525950346/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225131113&sr=8-1

Unless you guys are just talking about him in the commercials. Then he's a total loser icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    What's up with you guys? Hodgman's pretty funny: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=114648&title=Net-Neutrality-Act

He just came out with a new book too: http://www.amazon.com/More-Information-Than-You-Require/dp/0525950346/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225131113&sr=8-1

Unless you guys are just talking about him in the commercials. Then he's a total loser icon_lol.gif

LOL, not sure the book is helping his case. The most recent review on that book has a title that reads "Perfect toilet reading".
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The "I'm a PC" commercials really get on my nerves. I'll be into a show, when I suddenly get hit by that ad. I turn the channel or mute it right away and then vent for 30 seconds until my stream comes back on. :D
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    henserljhenserlj Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just don't bring back the "Dude, I got a Dell!" guy...I bet he got a lot of dates...although I think he got busted for possession back then as well but I could be wrong icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    What's sad about the "I'm a PC" commercials is that they're so hoakey, and they're an obvious retort to those stupid Mac commercials. I have to say, I rather enjoyed the old Microsoft commercials, where they'd show a grade-schooler playing a trumpet, then draw in the massive auditorium and his tuxedo, showing his potential future as a professional musician. Or the empty warehouse that they'd draw in with trucks, people working, and a huge billboard out front. They were simple, creative, and showed Microsoft as a company that help people.

Strangely, I'm very surprised they didn't do more with the pseudo-ad-campaign they had going with their box-graphics for Office 2007. They went from having colorful logos to shots of offices, classrooms, and shots of filing cabinets, that sort of thing. It was meant to give the product the feeling that people actually use Office for their everyday lives, (the same way IKEA stores set up display kitchens, living rooms, and bathrooms to show what your house would look like, but in the most trendiest of ways,) and I think an ad-campaign on TV with the same look and feel of those box-art graphics would have gone a long way to help Microsoft rebrand themselves.

As for other great commercial personalities? The Men's Warehouse guy both annoys and inspires me. I want to punch him, but I'd probably buy a suit from him. The old "Paul from the Diamond Center" commercials were hilarious. And, of course, the man. . . Dave Thomas (R.I.P.).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    henserlj wrote:
    Just don't bring back the "Dude, I got a Dell!" guy...I bet he got a lot of dates...although I think he got busted for possession back then as well but I could be wrong icon_cool.gif
    If that guy isn't getting it in the butt in prison right now, I will personally shank him with a filed-down spoon when he gets out. Something about that guy always wanted me to knock him down and beat him until he stopped screaming.

• Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Hodgeman is hilarious on the Daily Show
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    henserlj wrote:
    If that guy isn't getting it in the butt in prison right now, I will personally shank him with a filed-down spoon when he gets out. Something about that guy always wanted me to knock him down and beat him until he stopped screaming.

It wasn't serious enough for jail time: http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/08/dude-youre-getting-a-drink-dell-dude-now-a-waiter/
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another one is the McDonald's commercial with that Basketball player sitting down eyeing that one dorky looking goofball...I simply can't stand that long-faced weirdo. I would enjoy taking a jackhammer to his face as well, and remind him his commercial drove me to do it.

Beaverc32 Funny I just saw that commercial yesterday it was pretty lame.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    henserlj wrote:

It wasn't serious enough for jail time: http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/08/dude-youre-getting-a-drink-dell-dude-now-a-waiter/
    Damn. Anyone up for a road-trip to New York for some Mexican food and stress-relief? Bring a ball-bat or a pillowcase full of doorknobs. icon_twisted.gif