Options

VBscript problem

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
So i'm trying to create a script to auto install acrobat reader on multiple computers. I found one someone published online and I tweaked it a bit to accomodate me. However it gets through partway, copies the files to their computer, but after that nothing...

Is there anyway to do a line checker to see where it gets stuck or just ends? It doesn't bring back a syntax error so I assume the syntax is fine.

Comments

• Options
    deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    i am by no means a pro in this area but occasionally i have to run a program made by our programmers. how about control+page break? i think f8 also has some function of lines. Hope i'm right haha if not sorry.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    If you are using a version of Acrobat Reader you personally downloaded this probably won't work. You will need to sign up for and download the redistributable version of Acrobat Reader. It's free and usually only takes a couple of hours for approval. Once you have the redistributable msi on a network share, you can use Group Policy to deploy it (my choice) or use your favorite scripting language and ask msiexec to install it.

msiexec /i \\server\share\folder\AcroRead.msi /q
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    First off, I think Adobe makes an installer with a silent switch... Not sure would have to check but I am pretty sure they do...

Second, you could always create an output file in the script that logs the install and after each command it outputs into that file... * you will see exactly where it stops..

Ok found it...
    here are 2 ways of doing the silent install...

http://sojoe.info/2006/04/20/adobe-reader-silent-install/

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t34788.html

That should help.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Awesome thanks! I just got the msi from adobe, for some reason the acroread.msi for adobe reader 9.0 wasn't working. Hopefully this one will.