Options

Where to start

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
Kaminsky wrote:
And keep studying ! You will hit a pay ceiling if you only stick with the MCSE however much experience you get. Citrix next as MCSE and citrix are practically joined at the hip these days.

I saw this post from Kaminsky the other day, and that piqued my interests. Does anyone else feel that way? I've only seen a handful of you mention Citrix.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by their product offerings. Is there a typical starting place, or will that depend upon other circumstances?

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great question dynamik, I've been thinking about this too (but was obviously too dumb to post it in a dedicated Citrix forum icon_rolleyes.gif )

So how do you Citrix guys 'get into it'? Apart from XenServer, the array of products just baffles me.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There seems to a decent amount of jobs now looking for Citrix certs as well as experience, in the past when I've been looking it was more of a Citrix experience is a bonus sort of thing.

I've worked with it now for about 4 years now, having used 1.8/Xp and now PS4. Decided to get the CCA as IMO it is becomming more valuable now and my company was keen to get all the admins to do it. I'm looking to eventually go to CCEA(or CCEE in the future) but just don't have time, need to finish MS stuff up first.

They have recently revamped the certs and it looks a bit more complicated. Best place to start is definatley the CCA. There are loads of different tracks now but the most in demand I would say would probably be Presentation Server/Xen App. Its likely to be the most used product, haven't really used Password Manager or Access Gateway myself but a lot of places use AG.

The big problem i've found with certs/training is there isn't much material about with the exception of the offical courses. There is CBT nuggets for PS4 and they are devloping Xen App ones according to the website and Citrix Xperience is a great site for study guides/practice exams. I've been to the I-Forum once and it was great loads of good info gained from that.