Options

Why Won't Juniper Leave Me Alone?!? (Job Posting)

SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
Since I've been seeing a pretty good number of TE members getting into Juniper technologies, I thought I'd share a job-posting that I've been getting pinged about for the last few months by a very insistent HR manager that just doesn't seem to want to read my resume and see that I'm a Cisco guy. icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, I'm not qualified for the position and I thought I'd see if any of my friends and colleagues would be interested. The job looks to require high-level knowledge of Juniper networking, as well as some experience in marketing, strategy, etc. It seems to be a very business-end type of role to play out of the Sunnyvale, CA office of Juniper Networks. For the direct contact info for this particular opening, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the managers name and email. For other positions with Juniper, check out their careers section.
Product Marketing Manager – High-end Systems Business Unit

Position Summary
As Juniper continues to increase its strategic focus on core networking, a new Product Marketing position has been created. This position offers a unique opportunity to initiate the broad scope of marketing activities that will communicate and educate our field teams, channel partners, customers and industry leaders about the business value that our high-end routing products and other solutions can bring to the market. The role involves significant interaction with other product management and marketing teams in developing go-to-market activities, launch programs, collateral creation and sales training. Strong interpersonal skills will be critical to identify requirements, gather input, commit programs, and achieve agreement on action plans and deliverables.

Responsibilities
§ Generates the marketing strategy, positioning and messaging for Juniper's high-end routing systems (especially T-series) in the context of solutions that Juniper takes to market.
§ Initiates and drives go-to-market activities for high end routing products and solutions, and supports company-wide go-to-market activities
§ Creates and delivers material to field teams, channel partners, customers, and industry leaders to expand their understanding of the value that Juniper's routing solutions bring to Service Providers, National research and Education Networks (NREN) and Enterprises
§ Serves as a subject matter expert for our high end routing solutions at a business level.
§ Builds positive relationships and trust through strong cross team interactions, on-time delivery of commitments, co-ordination of cross-company activities and continuous innovation.
§ Gathers potential requirements and objectives from field, channel, marketing and BU teams in order to continuously improve our modes of engagement with those organizations.

Key Relationships
§ Internal: Sales Teams, Systems Engineering, Solutions Development and Marketing, Product Marketing, Technical Marketing Engineering, Product Management and Engineering.
§ External: Channel Partners, Customers, Alliance Partners, Standards Organizations, Press and Analysts.

Qualification Requirements
§ Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a related product marketing or product management role in the telecommunications field, either for an equipment vendor or a service provider
§ Prefer strong IP networking knowledge and knowledge of service provider business and technical issues
§ Excellent interpersonal, written/spoken communication and presentation skills.
§ Individual must be both self-motivated and a team player.
§ Bachelors degree. MS/MBA degree preferred.

Key Areas of Focus
§ Define HSBU (mainly T-series) product differentiation and strengths and positioning T-series products against the competition (mainly Cisco, also Huawei and occasionally others)
§ Customize messages to different target audiences (e.g., large carrier, Government/NREN, tier 2 SP, content SP)
§ Create or assist in campaigns aimed at increasing sales and/or depositioning competitors
§ Maintain strong relations with account teams and stay abreast of customer issues
§ Work closely with PLM, Solutions Marketing (mainly SP but also Gov/Ed/Enterprise), Corporate Marketing (Marcom, AR/PR), and PMM from Other BU
§ Interface with Training, Documentation, Professional Services, Engineering, Legal, Finance
§ Collateral Creation
- White Papers (mainly external, also internal)
- Data Sheets
- Competitive Hot Sheets
§ Sales Tools Creation
- ROI and TCO Calculators
- Customer Presentations (mostly NDA, occasionally public)
- SE Presentations
§ Sales/SE Training
- SKO and SEKO
- Webinars
- Both Account Managers and Partner Groups
§ Product Launches
- Take Lead and Coordinate Major Tasks and Deliverables
- Analyst/Press Messaging/Briefing
- Collateral and Training to Support Launch
- Take supporting role in securing customer references
- Press Release Assistance (Writing/Editing)
§ External Outreach
- Trade Journal Articles
- Speaking Engagements
§ Trade Show
- Preparation of Demonstrations and Collateral
- Booth Duty and Attendance
§ Customer Presentations
- Executive Briefings
- Onsite Presentations
§ Competitor Analysis
- In conjunction with TME/CI

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    dude, if they really want you, then I'd say take the job ! don't stick yourself with CISCO, and even if you dont know how to handle Juniper devices, just be honest and take your time, and ask for trainings.

When I joined SUN support I wasn't knowledgeable of how SUN works and the different types of servers/storages/libraries. I just took my time, and learned it, and with some trainings I become a senior guy in relatively short time.

It's your chance to get exposure and trainings. You will get experience, and it will make handling any networking device (not just Juniper) muc easier for you.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I get emails from them all the time too. I responded once a while back but never got anything back from them. Not sure if they just blow those out to a huge distro or not.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I do have a bit of technical skills with Juniper, just a little though icon_wink.gif But honestly I would feel under qualified for a position like this since I have no marketing/business exp. Plus the cost of living in sunnyvale doesn't seem to appealing either.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    UnixGuy wrote:
    dude, if they really want you, then I'd say take the job ! don't stick yourself with CISCO, and even if you dont know how to handle Juniper devices, just be honest and take your time, and ask for trainings.

When I joined SUN support I wasn't knowledgeable of how SUN works and the different types of servers/storages/libraries. I just took my time, and learned it, and with some trainings I become a senior guy in relatively short time.

It's your chance to get exposure and trainings. You will get experience, and it will make handling any networking device (not just Juniper) muc easier for you.
    I'd love to take the job, but I'm nowhere near qualified. I'm no more ready for this than I am for those positions as an electrical engineer I get because I've listed that I'm working towards an engineering degree on my resume. Hence the reason why I'm sharing this with all of you instead. :D

• Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Headhunters never read resumes. They just search key-words and fire out the job postings. My email is filled with jobs for unix admins (have never touched unix), IT managers, and all sorts of stuff I am no where near qualified or interested in. I even get a job posting for the place I ALREADY work at sometimes.
  • Options
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Headhunters never read resumes. They just search key-words and fire out the job postings. My email is filled with jobs for unix admins (have never touched unix), IT managers, and all sorts of stuff I am no where near qualified or interested in. I even get a job posting for the place I ALREADY work at sometimes.
    Yup, I get lots of those and they always end up in the circular file. This one, though, is an email directly from Juniper's HR, so I thought it wasn't too cruel to unleash it on my fellow geeks. :D