Server + Book

col24col24 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello there

I am intrested in taking the Server+ Exam and was planning on using this book
http://www.amazon.com/Server-Certification-All-One-Guide/dp/0072131616/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225485544&sr=1-7

I have read a few reviews and was not to sure if this book would cover all sylabus for the new exam modules, has anybody used this book for this exam?

Please advise.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    I would also check the following: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Server-Certification-Exam-Cram-Sko-002/dp/0789733684/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225490325&sr=8-1 - this is the most upto date book for this exam (I've just passed it today). As everybody advices in these forums get more than one resource icon_smile.gif
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP
  • col24col24 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass I will give exam cram a try and I have also bought some CBT which should arrive next week.

I hoping to start studying this exam whithin the next 2-3 weeks as I have to finish my 70-298 exam first then go on to the server+

what other resources did you use?
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Both books below,

Server+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (Hardcover) by Stephen J. Bigelow
    Server+ Certification Bible (Hardcover) by Trevor Kay

They are out of date and cover the SK0-001 objectives. I personally used the Server+ Certification Bible by Trevor Kay to pass the exam this past September, but I filled in the gaps by reading white papers and experience. The book is well written and easy to read IMHO, but obviously outdated. It doesn't hurt to download the current CompTIA Server+ objectives and do some research on topics that aren't covered in the book.

The other book,

Server+ Certification Exam Cram 2: Exam Sko-002 (Exam Cram 2) (Paperback) by Marcraft International

Appears to be written specifically for SK0-002 exam objectives and probably is a more comprehensive study guide since it is more up to date. The customer reviews of this book appear to be highly rated.

CompTIA issued a survey last week to its Server+ certified requesting confirmation of objectives and suggestions for topics. This was done in lieu of establishing new Server+ objectives for 2009.