Options

ompanies which take on Volunteers in IT?

amitshah2003ukamitshah2003uk Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi ppl does anyone know any companies which take on Volunteers in IT?

To gain exposure to helpdesk and networking?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MCPWannabeMCPWannabe Member Posts: 194
    Excellent Idea.

This is a strategy that I've used to build up my resume where I do some volunteering consulting for various businesses and organizations.

Here is the key for that:

Post an ad on Craigslist or your local Newspaper offering to help some business with their IT infrastructure for no cost at all or for something.

Tout your credentials (excellent school work, experience implementing software solutions, windows troubleshooting, etc).

Also, make an agreement to the person where you can put your name down (if you design a website or a software program) in a way that gives you credit.

In my case, I'm working with a home restoration company right now. I agreed to charge them no money if they allow me to my name with a link to my website on their website proving that I took care of their IT needs.

In addition, I made an agreement with them where they would do some work on my house in return for the services. Not a bad deal. In my case, I ended up finding a company that was pulling in lots of business and will help my reputation a lot.

Just make it known that you are willing to do a job with no cash compensation and watch the businesses come calling. Make your terms very clear and add something for yourself if you get a chance.
    I've escaped call centers and so can you! Certification Trail and mean pay job offers for me: A+ == $14, Net+==$16, MCSA==$20-$22, MCAD==$25-$30, MCSD -- $40, MCT(Development), MCITP Business Intelligence, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer -- $700 a Day
  • Options
    gregrnelgregrnel Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Check out local non profits, I volunteer at an organization that rebuilds donated computers for use by people with disabilities. It's rewarding, you meet great people, get experience, and it looks good on the resume.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You could try doing things like putting out ads in Craig's List too. Be creative!
  • Options
    amitshah2003ukamitshah2003uk Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the great suggestions I will see if there are any local charitys who need help in IT and look into Craig's List. Will let you guys know if I have any news icon_lol.gif