Number of Questions in 70-270 & Scoring Method??

enforcermanenforcerman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to go take the exam in about couple of weeks. I'm getting mixed information about the format of the exam! Some say that there are 58 Qs, but only 50 get scored and the passing score is 700, which means I can miss 23 Qs and still pass the test??!!

Also on some of the more recent posts I see there are 64 or 65 Qs. Are there still any beta Qs, which won't get scored?

And last question; do all questions weight the same?

Thanx,
Shawn

Comments

• nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    It's different for each person, random.. You will never know which ones counted, which ones were not scored, or which ones are beta questions. Just do your best on every one.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    It is 50 questions and the pass rate is 700 however HOW each question is weighted and which are scored is only known by MS.

You shouldnt be aiming to only get X amount wrong you should be aiming to get 100% right!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • enforcermanenforcerman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanx guys. you're right. I'm not really shooting for a specific score. I was just wondering. I'm hoping I'll hit 800+ with no problem. I was a network admin for little over 3 years (and had my Win2k Pro MCP), but I've been away from IT industry for the past 6 years.
    However, the good thing is pretty much everything in the book looks familiar to me and that's why I could zoom through it (I got the MS Self-Paced Training Kit 2nd edition, which I was pretty happy with).
    Now that I finished the book and practices, I'm taking my time with the sample tests, and some practicing with virtualization (VMware Server) - so I wouldn't mess up my own computer :)

I'm hoping to pass the 270 and 290 in less than 3 months or so, and while working on my 291, maybe I can start by getting a level II help desk or something... who knows. I just really miss it and wanna get back in.