Someone into archery ?

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
A shop just opened across the street and I am actually tempted to check out some classes they offer.. Someone else every did it ?
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    A loooong time ago. I remember the welts on the inside of the forearm from the slap of the string.

There is actually a very nice archery shop with a range not to far from my house that I've been meaning for years to check out, but I've always had higher priorities. I should at least go in for a look.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had a recurve back in the day, and shot a compound bow for a bit. It was pretty cool. I would have kept doing it had I not moved into the city. For some reason the neighbors get weirded out by a guy with a bow in an apartment complex..I dunno...
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to be really into it for fun and hunting. I have an old recurve somewhere at my parent's house but most of my shooting was with a Golden Eagle compound. I used to shoot with a 110lbs pull.

It was a lot of fun but definitely make sure to wear an arm guard or you'll regret it.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've had a couple of opportunities to let the arrows fly, and I have to say that I enjoyed it. Sadly, I don't have the time to pick up another hobby at the moment, but it's definitely something I'd like to get back into. Between that and knife-throwing, I'll be very popular with my girlfriends friends at the Renaissance faire, once I get some practice in on both.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I was interested in getting into it but money is a bit tight right now. Buying the bow, arrows, and targets would add up I bet. There's a lot of desert out here in Nevada to go practicing though.
    I'll be very popular with my girlfriends friends at the Renaissance faire, once I get some practice in on both.

Show up there in green tights dressed up as Robin Hood icon_lol.gif
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I have an audio recording of the outcome of my last archery session...

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/message.wav

Seriously, I used to to do it back when I was a kid, and I just...stopped. LOL...

The only redeeming thing about it was it was the only sports unit in gym class when I was in junior high that I kicked the ever loving crap out of everyone.
    Good luck to all!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    The only redeeming thing about it was it was the only sports unit in gym class when I was in junior high that I kicked the ever loving crap out of everyone.
    Yeah, the only time I remember a PE coach complimenting me on my physical skills was on the archery range. Too bad archery isn't a sport where you choose-up sides.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Probaby because if you don't get chosen, you might shoot someone with an arrow. icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Talic wrote:
    Show up there in green tights dressed up as Robin Hood icon_lol.gif
    How do you know I haven't, already? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.