Options

Passed today!

dimothy10dimothy10 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I Passed today with an 800 score and would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone here. The technotes are invaluable and really help provide another source for info coupled with Myers and the sybex books I used. I would also like to thank everyone who takes the time to answer people’s queries as there are some real gems of knowledge out there in the forum that certainly helped!

Am updating my CV as I speak and banging off the applications for jobs so fingers crossed I will be well ensconced in the world of IT!

Thanks again

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    Congrats, any advice for someone taking it in the next week!
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :D

Advice: Get plenty of sleep, eat a light meal, listen to calming music on the drive there, and arrive at the test center early. :)
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    haha, nice...I mean like study material...I'm using CBT nuggets,exam prep 2, tech exam notes, flash cards, preplogic tests, transcender tests and test out software. But after reading some of these posts on this site and seeing the failure rate I am nervous as hell!
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    dimothy10dimothy10 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im sure all the study materials you are using will stand you in good stead. I used Sybex, Myers and transcender testing software plus browsed the tech notes and forums here. Easy marks can be picked up just by knowing your connectors plus all the various cable types 10base2 vs 100basetx. As many others have said OSI model is a must.

Sympathise with the nerves. Was exceptionally worried as I have never really done networking before studying for this and did not have a good feeling during the exam, kept second guessing myself. My advice would be to make good use of the review feature in the exam but make sure you select an answer before proceeding as unanswered are marked wrong.

Good luck with it!!