Switching Contracts

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well I will be switching contracts. They should have someone to fill my roll pretty soon. I need to be to the other contract by the end of December.

I'll be moving to do deployments for 6 months. I'm pretty excited about it.

I will be travelling for 6 weeks to Baltimore, MD to setup servers/workstations there. Then I will go down to Greenbelt, MD for 2 weeks to do the same.

I will move 4 weeks back down to where I live to setup server/workstations.

Then I'm off to Phoenix, Arizona for 8 weeks to do the biggest server/workstation deployment they have.

After deployments I'll settle back down at home and be a shift manager/tech lead for the project that is coming up.

I'm excited because I haven't ever seen the ocean and that of course means I haven't travelled much. So I'm getting a unique opportunity to just travel for a little while, see some things, and then go back home and be done with it.

So maybe I'll be working next to all the Pheonix peoples here and we can have lunch. >_<
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds exciting, have a great time and congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a good combination of business and pleasure. Enjoy!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds like a blast!

I wish I could do stuff like this.

Unfortunately with school and my girlfriend it wouldn't work out too well. icon_sad.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That sounded cool until I got to the Phoenix part. Man, there's some weirdos down there...

Seriously though, congratulations!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a blast!

I wish I could do stuff like this.

Unfortunately with school and my girlfriend it wouldn't work out too well. icon_sad.gif

I have a g/f that I will miss a lot... She is going to have to live at my house alone. But thats the great thing about this 6 month thing. It is temporary and they pay to fly me home every other weekend. This is the best thing I could ask for.

I went after this because I knew when I got older I wouldn't be able to do things like this (with a child and such).

You may learn something!
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    dynamik wrote:
    That sounded cool until I got to the Phoenix part. Man, there's some weirdos down there...

Yeah I hear you! That snadam guy is total crazies.

Congrats on the new contract Mishra! Good thing you'll be missing the hotter part of the year. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    That sounds like a cool gig, congrats!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yes, we will have to figure out something when youre down here. Im not too sure during the weekday, but we can try to do something! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

Congrats on the new contract Mishra! Good thing you'll be missing the hotter part of the year. :)

When is the hottest part of the year? I'm guessing I will be down there May-June but I'm not sure.

You may learn something!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    undomiel wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

When is the hottest part of the year? I'm guessing I will be down there May-June but I'm not sure.

ouch, right about then (June that is). Either way, its a great city. Just dont bring pats :)

Snadam? Crazy? NAH!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security