Ah the joy of exam reimbursement...

Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
I've just finally received word I'll be getting reimbursement for every exam I've ever taken through cisco...which equates to about $500-700. On top of that, I'm currently setting a goal of passing the CCIE R&S written late next year, and the lab sometime after that.....and the lab cost will be reimbursed fully- pass or fail..

Outstanding..now I have no excuse to not try when the time comes and I reach that level :D ....ahh I love the military at times like these.

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! What branch of the military are you in?
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am army. I've been nothing short of blessed to receive amazing experience since I've been in, and get some fantastic assignments. The military has treated me very well. That being said, all this work is ultimately to become financially indepedent when I get out (I will be 24 once I get out).
    Mrock4 wrote:
    I am army. I've been nothing short of blessed to receive amazing experience since I've been in, and get some fantastic assignments. The military has treated me very well. That being said, all this work is ultimately to become financially indepedent when I get out (I will be 24 once I get out).

Awesome, congrats.

I'm personally thinking about joining the Coast Guard myself. icon_cool.gif
    Coast guard was my first choice. I wanted to be a search and rescue guy. I was deterred by my lack of cardio...I wasn't a good runner. Ironically enough, I joined the Army and found I have a natural ability to run. It's all worked out though. I currently work for the DIA, so that's a fantastic foot in the door for future work as a civilian.
    Mrock4 wrote:
    Coast guard was my first choice. I wanted to be a search and rescue guy. I was deterred by my lack of cardio...I wasn't a good runner. Ironically enough, I joined the Army and found I have a natural ability to run. It's all worked out though. I currently work for the DIA, so that's a fantastic foot in the door for future work as a civilian.

Well, I need to get back in shape prior to trying to get into the Coast Guard, so we'll see.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    That is certainly a nice feeling to get reimbursed, glad it's all working out for you. I too got reimbursed for all my prior exam fees, at least the ones I passed.

I would encourage anyone that get's a cert while working for a company to ask your company if they will reimburse you for at least your exam fees (maybe study material). What's the worst that could happen, they say no. I believe it's in a company's best interest to invest in their employees education.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Yeah I have had my CCNP exams reimbursed. They brag to customers about how many CCNA/CCNPs they have on staff, so its the least they can do. However, my company refuses to even consider reimbursing me for my CCIE if I pass.

You see my company only made 7billion dollars in profit last year, so I can see how they can't justify $1400 to keep a CCIE on staff. Thats ok, I am sure I will find somewhere else that will :D
    Definitely rob. I have a feeling you'll be OK once you pass icon_lol.gif

I also just found out the NetMasterClass is approved for GI Bill funding..it keeps getting better :)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    GT-Rob wrote:
    You see my company only made 7billion dollars in profit last year, so I can see how they can't justify $1400 to keep a CCIE on staff. Thats ok, I am sure I will find somewhere else that will :D
    Well, maybe if they lose enough highly-qualified people, they'll make that money right up. After all, who needs talented and elite network engineers when you can save $1,400 right now? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I also have VA GI Bill reimbursement for all my exams but it expires next March so I have to take the written before March so I can get that reimbursed. Netmaster the VA will only reimburse you 60% and you have to put the cost up front first then they will reimburse you. Ex Marine here
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew