Any PC Gamers?

Kurt18Kurt18 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm new here and just wondering how many of you play PC games?

If so, what ones? I'm mainly a CSS player myself, been playing it for a few years now. (Counter Strike Source - a first person shooter game supplied with Half Life 2, using their source engine for those that aren't sure what it is)

Comments

• MonkeyBoltMonkeyBolt Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yh im a bit of PC gamer, im in to Age of Empires a fair bit and just brought World of Warcraft last night because of the south park episode. Have you ever played it? apparantly its mega addictive and has killed some people hmmm
    Aston Villa FC
    Pride Of The Midlands

"Because you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English thank a soldier"
  • m.j.boylinm.j.boylin Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MonkeyBolt wrote:
    Yh im a bit of PC gamer, im in to Age of Empires a fair bit and just brought World of Warcraft last night because of the south park episode. Have you ever played it? apparantly its mega addictive and has killed some people hmmm

Yeah it was in the news a whil back, a few people died as they became addicted to it. I also playe Age of Empires quite a bit. I get very addicted to games so not buying WOW lol
  • Kurt18Kurt18 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I played it for over a year on and off, constant grinding (leveling up) along with the repetative quests got a bit boring tbh. I know a few people who have got completely addicted to it, some even skipping school to play it lol.

And yeah, I've heard some people have died playing it, some for playing it a few days straight, only using energy drinks and junk food to stay awake. I also heard about someone who died trying to slowfall out of an apartment block (a WoW spell) as they played it so much they found it difficult to tell the difference between real life and the game lol though I'm not sure how true that is.
    icon_eek.gif Yh.......i'm thinking of just sending that game straight back you know lol
    Aston Villa FC
    Pride Of The Midlands

"Because you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English thank a soldier"
  • moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ROFL too dramatic man LOL stupid WOW
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm definitely a PC gamer. I currently am playing or interested in playing...

Crysis
    COD4
    Dawn of War (all expansions except the last one)
    Sony Infantry
    Warcraft 3
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    wavey.gif

Lately I haven't played too much on the PC lately, but I do prefer it. :D
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    I only play Battlefield (1942, Vietnam, 2) and only online. I've been playing it for about 5 years and can't seem to stop loving it.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mainly TF2 and right now Far Cry 2 in single player (kinda boring but very pretty, it's nice to wander around virtual Africa headshotting the occasional bad guy after a lab session :) ). I keep going back to Supreme Commander every few months too.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Mainly TF2 and right now Far Cry 2 in single player (kinda boring but very pretty, it's nice to wander around virtual Africa headshotting the occasional bad guy after a lab session :) ). I keep going back to Supreme Commander every few months too.

oo I have supreme commander too
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    lol above.

I got used to the Xbox 360 controller so i bought a 360 to USB adapter and can use my 360 controller on my PC. Its well better than the Microsoft Joysticks and using the keyboard.

Only cost me £5.98 from eBay. I would reccomend them. icon_wink.gif
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    Major CSS player right here. CoD4, LBP, AC:FA, Starcraft and Command and Conquer.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It's amazing how topics about games always turn into a discussion on WoW. Me personally I think WoW is the dumbest game ever made and I hate it with all my heart. I do love to play FPS's though. CSS, CoD4, and tomorrow I will be playing Left 4 Dead demo till the game comes out on nov 18th. if you havent seen it yet check it out at left4dead411.com
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I'm very surprised to not see a post from dynamik containing links to the dozens of previous discussion threads about PC gaming in the TE community.
    WOW is crap... you pay for the game and have to pay to use it lol
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I'm been playing PC games since Commander Keen. lol.

I gave up WoW, for the third time about 2 months ago. Right now I still play BF2 with friends and CoD4. I'm waiting like mad for Diablo III to come out. I like FPS's and MMORPG's and just about anything really. lol.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote:
    I'm very surprised to not see a post from dynamik containing links to the dozens of previous discussion threads about PC gaming in the TE community.

It crossed my mind, but then I saw some of the threads contained me posting lists of links, and I was worried I'd cause TE to implode on itself icon_eek.gif
    phantasm wrote:
    I'm been playing PC games since Commander Keen. lol.

I gave up WoW, for the third time about 2 months ago. Right now I still play BF2 with friends and CoD4. I'm waiting like mad for Diablo III to come out. I like FPS's and MMORPG's and just about anything really. lol.

Gave up lol is it that obsessive?
    Aston Villa FC
    Pride Of The Midlands

• Kurt18Kurt18 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    m.j.boylin wrote:
    WOW is crap... you pay for the game and have to pay to use it lol

But then again you have to do that for any decent MMO
  • LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    I lost a friend to World of WarCrack. He comes out about once a year, we eat dinner together. He's girlfriend hates it evenl the game not the food.

The last game I played regularly was Guild Wars because it was free. Then I got a real job and started studying for certs, not to mention having a girlfriend is a full time job onto itself. I would trade none of these just to go back playing Video Games.

Though I do really miss playing the hell out of Quake III back when I was still going to Community College. Those were the days.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    dynamik wrote:
    It crossed my mind, but then I saw some of the threads contained me posting lists of links, and I was worried I'd cause TE to implode on itself icon_eek.gif
    Ah, yea of little faith in referential integrity checking. ;)
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    dynamik wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:

You need to start a new thread that contains links to all the posts you've made in other threads that are a list of links. Of course, you'd have to link it to itself as well...
    tiersten wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:

You need to start a new thread that contains links to all the posts you've made in other threads that are a list of links. Of course, you'd have to link it to itself as well...
    my brain hurts
    tomorrow I will be playing Left 4 Dead demo

Is the demo being released tomorrow?