Options

PeopleSoft

I'm seeing a lot of job opening for PeopleSoft Programmers
The positions pay very well...

just wondering is anyone has worked with this Software or knows anything of it? Perhaps maybe who teaches this stuff?
"It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
-Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA

Comments

• Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    Haha, funny you should ask. The online job portal used by my University was developed by PeopleSoft and its user interface is an ongoing joke around campus. i.e., endless pop-out menus, needless clicking, not very intuitive, etc.

I can only speak from this one limited experience, but thus far I haven't been too impressed with them!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    They're owned by Oracle now so if you're wanting to learn databases I would say go straight for the source.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    wat08 wrote:
    Haha, funny you should ask. The online job portal used by my University was developed by PeopleSoft and its user interface is an ongoing joke around campus. i.e., endless pop-out menus, needless clicking, not very intuitive, etc.

I can only speak from this one limited experience, but thus far I haven't been too impressed with them!

I second that. My grad school used it too and it was awful.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    amp2030 wrote:
    wat08 wrote:

I second that. My grad school used it too and it was awful.
    3rd

My former job used it and it was teh sux.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    We use PeopleSoft at work too. It is not the most user friendly interface, but it looks like it has a major share of the market.
  • Options
    MCPWannabeMCPWannabe Member Posts: 194
    jryantech wrote:
    I'm seeing a lot of job opening for PeopleSoft Programmers
    The positions pay very well...

just wondering is anyone has worked with this Software or knows anything of it? Perhaps maybe who teaches this stuff?

So, PeopleSoft was the third largest Database Provider in the United States at one time. Then, they let their stock go to low and Oracle performed a hostile takeover. After performing the takeover, Oracle let Peoplesoft go to hell and made it a discounted product.

Since that time, Oracle has pretty much let the product line go except to retain current customers.

Now, on the advantages:

1. People soft sucks and needs a lot of technical support -- Oracle hasn't made its maintenance or quality control a priority. They have, however, kept it cheaper than their other products.

2. There are very, very few people who can actually administer a people soft database due to the fact that technicians aren't waiting in line to learn a second rate product.

3. Market demand is good for those that do troubleshoot PeopleSoft. I'm thinking about pursuing a track in it because it will probably be around for the next decade or so.. I have a friend who contracts PeopleSoft work for $150 an hour and he is extremely busy.

You couldn't go wrong with PeopleSoft due to the current demand. And unlike many other scenarios in today's economy, you would have a job.
    I've escaped call centers and so can you! Certification Trail and mean pay job offers for me: A+ == $14, Net+==$16, MCSA==$20-$22, MCAD==$25-$30, MCSD -- $40, MCT(Development), MCITP Business Intelligence, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer -- $700 a Day