Options

Will that be enough to get a well paid job??? :-)

mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
Ok,
will the following allow me to get a well paid job (£60+) icon_smile.gif
here they go:
IC3 - lol
Comptia: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+
Microsoft: MCSA/MCSE 2003, MCITP 2008 Enterprise Server Admninistrator
Cisco: CCNA, CCNP
Red Hat: RHCT, RHCE.

What do You think? Please share Your opinion.

Thanks for this great site

BTW: my ambitious plan is to get it all done by AUGUST 2012 icon_smile.gif I already have first 5 of them (the easiest ones)
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    That will get you nothing without experience. We all do time in the trenches, expect to start there.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    I've been working in the industry, junior network administrator (7 months already), so in the worst of the cases I'll have had 4 years experience in that role. This will probably not happen, because as soon as I get my MCSE I'll hit for more interesting job.

thanks for Your comment
    Long term plan:
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    it all comes down to exprience

all certs without experience is worthless
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    With all of those certifications, you may get at least an interview to see what you know.

Like many members here in TechExams, it is possible to skip jobs like Desktop Support or Help Desk when you have the knowledge and skills of what those certifications should prove.

I was kind of in the same boat without Systems Administrator experience, but my degree and certifications got me an interview and I showed them that I knew my stuff although I haven't worked with anyone yet as a SA. I got the job.

You cannot get the years of experience to fill a position without someone giving you the opportunity to work in that position. Apply, apply, apply, and I'm sure your resume will be grabbed by HR and sent to a hiring manager, and they may just give you a shot at an interview. During the interview is when you prove you aren't a Paper Certifier, but you know your stuff.

Good luck!!!
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I recommend you focus on one thing for now and a get a job with that thing.

you either get a job to work with Cisco (CCNA+CCNP)

or Microsoft system admin (MSCE/A)

or Linux RedHat.

Get experience in one of those fields, and get certified. Then you can move on
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Be careful man. No idea where the technology will be by then. Get certs that support your experience. or open the next logical door.

I would recommend avoiding vendor neutral certs and focus on ones that have real world application.

Let me ask you this, where do you work now? Helpdesk, sys admin? What systems do you work with? How's your home lab look? Running Linux, Macs?

If I had a great idea of your experience base, we can recommend a certification path for you.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    MCPWannabeMCPWannabe Member Posts: 194
    mikesz wrote:
    Ok,
    will the following allow me to get a well paid job (£60+) icon_smile.gif
    here they go:
    IC3 - lol
    Comptia: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+
    Microsoft: MCSA/MCSE 2003, MCITP 2008 Enterprise Server Admninistrator
    Cisco: CCNA, CCNP
    Red Hat: RHCT, RHCE.

What do You think? Please share Your opinion.

Thanks for this great site

BTW: my ambitious plan is to get it all done by AUGUST 2012 icon_smile.gif I already have first 5 of them (the easiest ones)

Mike,

You need to add a Bachelor's degree in a computer related field to that also. Big companies like Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, HP, Google, and IBM, etc will waive the experience if you show that you are exceptionally bright or dedicated by completing those certifications. But, they all require that a person at least have a Bachelor's degree.

Dell will start you at 50K if you have an MCSE and a Bachelor's degree by just showing up to the interview.

But yeah.. That will make you marketable. Just fullfill the Bachelor's degree requirement in an Information Technology related field to get the experience requirement waived at a lot of jobs.
    I've escaped call centers and so can you! Certification Trail and mean pay job offers for me: A+ == $14, Net+==$16, MCSA==$20-$22, MCAD==$25-$30, MCSD -- $40, MCT(Development), MCITP Business Intelligence, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer -- $700 a Day
  • Options
    thanks for all Your comments,
    the last reply is the closest that I was expecting. Of course I want to add the Bachelor's degree in IT.
    The job that I work in right now is only a step to a much wider career that I want to achieve, I use it only to get the commercial experience (btw required by every single employer).

Anyway thanks for all Your comments.
    Long term plan: