Options

Spotted Something Very Unusual

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
I happened to map a drive this morning and found that apart from the 2 domains being listed, we have 2 more listed that i have no knowledge of? I need to investigate this but dont really understand where these have come from, can anyone assist me please.

Comments

• Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are they really domains and not just workgroups that are showing from a few standalone machines?
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    more info billybob let us all help you
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Go to your DC (you can do this locally if you've installed the tools) and go to start > administrative tools > Active Directory Domains and Trusts

That'll show you all the domains you have. I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you determine where they came from though.

Bwcarty had a good idea as well. Did you see these while browsing the network for machines? You might just have a couple machines which haven't been joined to a domain and are in different work groups.
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Ok, found out someone had installed Microsoft Virtual Server on their PC and setup a virtual network!!!