Options

Strategy to read and answer question fast ?

Hi members, I am finding that I have to read the question over and over again to find the right answer. If I do this on the real test I will not complete the full exam in the time I am given to me, since I only have 3.5 minutes per question.

Is there a way to fully comprehend the question the first time around so I don't have to waste time, going back and re reading the question again.

What is your strategy in answering a question, should I scan first at the answer
and back again, or just read the question through the first time. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I normally look at the 4 answers and try to eliminate as many as possible straight away. I then find i may have only two answers that are "possible" and then concentrate on both and attempt to eliminate each until I find the "correct" (I hope) answer.

Good luck, relax, you will have heaps of time on MS exams.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Some people suggest looking at the answers first, to know what to look for in the question. I guess that works fine with more straightforward tests, may not be a great strategy for 270 where the questions are a little more intricate, but give it a go it may work for you.
  • Options
    susuandmesusuandme Member Posts: 136
    thankyou, it seems like good advice I'm sure, I wil try it, any other advice to save time that you recommend, any tips to eliminate the wrongs answers.

thanks again
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Look over the diagrams first, that is important. And ask yuorself, what kinds of things look right and wrong here? Helps me a lot
    -Daniel
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I recommend looking for telltale details in the question that very often give the question away.

Let's say for example they give you the IP config for a server, and the server can connect to everything not on its subnet, but can't connect to some of the computers on its own subnet. In those cases, I immediately check its subnet mask to ensure it's right.

If the test allows you to go back through all questions, I also highly recommend skipping questions you immediately know will take some time to answer. Just mark it, and move on. Once you complete the exam, go back and answer those ones that take time to answer. Remember, most exams don't count questions that take longer to answer more than others, so make sure you answer every quick and easy question first. Just ensure that if you're running out of time that you put at least something down. Remember, if it's a straight 4 answer multiple choice question, you have a 25% chance of getting it right if you put down something.

When you get to your design exam, I HIGHLY recommend reading the questions first to get an idea of what types of info you're looking for, THEN read through the case study info, jotting down any info that's relevant to the questions you're being asked.
    Good luck to all!