Options

Script to reset home lab.

kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
Hi,

Im sure alot of you have home labs, and that you like me need to reset the configuration of your devices before beginning a new lab exercise to avoid any "mishaps". The way I do this reset now, is paste a configuration into each device manually. This actually takes some time, and the more devices you have, the worse. So I was wondering if anyone made something clever in the way of a terminal (putty/teraterm) script, that would automate this process?

Any ideas/links?
Studying for CCNP (All done)

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Couldn't you use a TFTP server?

Set one up with all the "clean" configs saved to it in a folder, then when you need clean ones get the equipment to boot using its prerequisite commands.
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    gorebrush wrote:
    Couldn't you use a TFTP server?

Set one up with all the "clean" configs saved to it in a folder, then when you need clean ones get the equipment to boot using its prerequisite commands.

Yeah, i probably could if all my gear was individually connected to my home network somehow. But right now, only my access server is connected to my home network. So thats my only entry point into the rack. I would like if there was some "local" script i could fire off that would go through my terminal connection to my access server and then wipe out the config on my lab.
    Studying for CCNP (All done)