Options

Anyone gone to the Microsoft Virtualization Launch?

pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
So I got this in the mail a few months ago and I didn't know if I was going to be free or not. I'm thinking about going.

Microsoft Virtualization launch
https://www.getvirtualnow.com/usevents/cityselect.aspx

Supposedly they have a goodie bag with:

* A one-year evaluation copy of Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008
* A copy of Understanding Microsoft Virtualization from the Desktop to the Data Center, by Mitch Tulloch**
* Vouchers for Microsoft Server Virtualization Certification exam (70-652) and preparation course (a $316 value)

Of course number three is what I'm interested in. So what are the stipulations? Anyone gone to one of these? Is it worth dragging my ass out of bed for?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, there was one here, and I think someone posted a review from another one. Like they said, it seemed to be geared more towards the managerial side of things, rather than the technical. I have a Technet subscription and already passed that exam, so the goodies weren't too exciting for me, but go ahead and check it out if you're interested in it.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    One of my business partners went to the one here in Dallas and said that it looked like a meeting of the farm league of IT.

Additionally, and most disappointing, he indicated that the speakers/presenters didn't have information about one of the most important topics, how does this affect (improve) my licensing situation.....

Regarding the schwag, he indicated that all of the things that the OP listed are to be mailed to attendees at a later date.

MS
  • Options
    pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    dynamik wrote:
    Yea, there was one here, and I think someone posted a review from another one. Like they said, it seemed to be geared more towards the managerial side of things, rather than the technical. I have a Technet subscription and already passed that exam, so the goodies weren't too exciting for me, but go ahead and check it out if you're interested in it.

The one thing I'm curious about though, it sounded like the voucher was only good till Dec 31st? Did you hear that?

And yes, I'm just that cheap, I'll spend half a day listening to BS to get a free voucher. icon_confused.gif