Options

Boson Simulation Question

netcrusadernetcrusader Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need your advise as I seems to have problem with Boson simulation question.

Here is the scenario:
PC A can't telnet to Switch A.

Missing config:
Switch - no shutdown for int vlan 1
router - no shutdown for int fa0/0

I entered correct commands into switch and router, and test that it is working by opening a PC A cmd prompt and telnet to the switch.

To my surprise, the question is marked incorrect. I check the explanation, and the correct answer is exactly the same as what I entered. So I try doing the simulator again, and this time without testing whether it works or not using PC A cmd prompt, and the question is marked as correct this time.

Sorry for the long explanation. I just want to know if this is a bug and anyone here have this same problem or is it just me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Its a bug if you've gone through already and checked.
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    Yup buggy stuff. That is why I don't use BOSON that much. I have more luck with Packet tracet though BOSON is suppose to support more commands and protocols.
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    I need your advise as I seems to have problem with Boson simulation question.

Here is the scenario:
    PC A can't telnet to Switch A.

Missing config:
    Switch - no shutdown for int vlan 1
    router - no shutdown for int fa0/0

I entered correct commands into switch and router, and test that it is working by opening a PC A cmd prompt and telnet to the switch.

To my surprise, the question is marked incorrect. I check the explanation, and the correct answer is exactly the same as what I entered. So I try doing the simulator again, and this time without testing whether it works or not using PC A cmd prompt, and the question is marked as correct this time.

Sorry for the long explanation. I just want to know if this is a bug and anyone here have this same problem or is it just me?

Thanks!

netcrusader,

Based on my experience with the Boson products for the 640-801 CCNA exam simulators, that sounds like a bug. That's because unless you happen to basically "magically pre-know" that the problems were that the switch and router's problems and so you go straight into configuration mode so you type EXACTLY the SOLUTION to the problem withOUT doing "extraneous" show commands to determine what the problem is, you're going to always going to get the problem wrong. The only "workaround" that I've found for this "incorrect grading" problem that I've found is after you've taken the practice exam, click the button for [Retake Incorrect] then [End and Grade] a second time.
  • Options
    mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GNS3 +2

dont forget when you use this you right click and do the IDLE PC calc
    I have had to do it numerous times on all my routers to get it working under 4%
    running 5 or 6 routers with a duo core amd with 2GB of ram
    but wish I had a duo quadcore with 4 to 8GB of ram that would be awesome
    and I think might be in the works since I only need a tour that is
    I can buld maybe for 500.00USB andbe set to run my GNS3 setup would be nice;)

but I have boson ccna the new one and very buggy pisses aguy off and the claim it
    isnt that is crap then they want to sell you the ccnp for like 60o to 700 dolllars that
    get this the license only lasts 2 years. I say go with GNS3 and beef up your machine
    and work the IDLE PC values and buy atleast 2 2950s
  • Options
    IgloodudeIgloodude Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From a different thread, my feedback on Boson:
    Igloodude wrote:
    Igloodude wrote:
    I've just fired up the Boson CCNA NetSim 7.0 Network Designer and it keeps corrupting the ethernet/serial connections between the devices (adding some, deleting others) and the last time I tried to load an existing topology it told me the file was corrupted and dumped me out.

I've just raised a ticket to their tech support, I'll let you know how it goes.

24hrs after raising the ticket, I got a response "Are you using any 2600 series routers?" and 20min later I responded with what routers I was using (none of them 2600). A few minutes ago [three business days after raising the ticket] I got a second response "Please click on "Help" -> "About". What version does this window display?" and I just responded that yesterday afternoon I uninstalled it from my Vista PC and installed it on my XP Pro PC, where it is not having the same corruption issue (running v7.12) and to close the trouble ticket as "issue unresolved, customer found workaround". icon_rolleyes.gif
    Next up: MS Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (70-642), CCNA (640-816)