Options

mRemote users... problem with telnet

phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
Whenever I telnet to a device the backspace key either send a carriage return or outputs ASCII characters to the screen. Anyone have any idea?
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    phantasm wrote:
    Whenever I telnet to a device the backspace key either send a carriage return or outputs ASCII characters to the screen. Anyone have any idea?

I use mRemote everyday and have never seen that is it only with certain devices?
  • Options
    It seems to occur when I connect to the AIX box or any other UNIX based box here at work. Also happens on the term servers.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've seen this before in mRemote. Not sure if it is just a bug or what...I just use SSH as the workaround though.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Well this morning I found a solution. Granted, it's no big deal.

For the routers and WAP's and what not I use SSH. For our term servers and other devices we use telnet internall (i know i know) and I found that in order to send the correct backspace you have to hold SHIFT while pressing the BACKSPACE key. I wonder if it is an emulation issue.
  • Options
    It's an emulation issue and it looks like mremote wont let you change emulation types. Dang.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    phantasm wrote:
    I wonder if it is an emulation issue.

That's what I was going to suggest, but it looks like you've figured it out... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Yea, the problem is that mRemote doesn't support any other emulation from what i can see. The options menu is scarce and I don't see anything in the config file for the program. Looks like I'll have to ditch it if i can't change emulations.
  • Options
    kilikopelekilikopele Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all, hope this isn't too necro, but I thought I'd answer for any future users who get here by Google-Fu.  mRemoteNG is polling Putty for its Telnet implementation.  Establish your telnet connection as normal.  Right click the connection tab, and select Putty Settings.  There are controls for all kinds of keyboard emulation and display.