Failed

coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
Failed with a sorry score of 472, lucky I signed up for second shot don't take this test for granted.

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Thank god for that second shot offer.

Study up a little and go nail it next time.

Best of Luck
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I think I am getting impatient for the MCSE since I am only 3 tests away this caused me to rush through my studying and because I falsely thought 70-294 would be a breeze
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    coax31 wrote:
    Thanks, I think I am getting impatient for the MCSE since I am only 3 tests away this caused me to rush through my studying and because I falsely thought 70-294 would be a breeze

A cert is just a cert. It's a piece of paper and credential that doesn't mean squat unless you know the material. Learn the material to the best of your ability. In the end, you'll have the cert anyways, so why not get as much knowledge as you possibly can along the way.

Good luck on your next try.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Ouch, sorry to hear. Keep at it though, you'll get there.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    royal wrote:
    coax31 wrote:

A cert is just a cert. It's a piece of paper and credential that doesn't mean squat unless you know the material. Learn the material to the best of your ability. In the end, you'll have the cert anyways, so why not get as much knowledge as you possibly can along the way.

Good luck on your next try.
    Well obviously you will not get the cert if you do not know the material, unless you ****. I have never cheated on any cert I have ever taken and look down on those who do. I used MS Press 70-294 and CBT nuggets for this, I also have a lot experience with AD which I thought would help; I upgraded a Windows 2000 domain to 2003 at my work. The test however covers a lot of group policy and multiple domain forests which I do not have a lot of experience in.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's still possible to rush through it and pass legitimately but be unable to recall a lot of the material a few weeks or months later. That's just how long-term memory works, and I believe that was the point he was making. Regular study sessions over time is much more conducive to learning than cramming and rushing through it.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    and I believe that was the point he was making. Regular study sessions over time is much more conducive to learning than cramming and rushing through it.

Exactly.

It's a matter of rushing through, doing bare mimimum, passing the cert, forgetting most of it cause it was rushed, and becoming useless.

Vs

Putting in a lot of effort, taking your time, reading many whitepapers to make sure you thoroughly understand many of the working parts of technology and how all the pieces interconnect. That way you learn everything thoroughly and won't forget it and become a very knowledgeable IT admin.

The latter is the best approach imo.

Don't take my posts as if I'm trying to attack you for doing something wrong. Take it as I'm trying to help you go for the better approach because I like to see more people succeed than fail.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    Point well taken Royal you are right it is better to know the subject matter as much as possible. I rescheduled for November 29th and will hit the books harder so I can pass.
  • mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    coax31 wrote:

I'm the same too. Tried to rush it and got impatient. I've now taken a step back and learnt the material properly instead of just assuming i'm an active directory god as I work with it daily, there is sooooo much that you (I) don't know. Although I admit, a lot of the stuff i've learnt I won't even use due to working mainly with small businesses, but I may do in the future I guess..
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Eww. You are a long way off being ready for that test. Think you are better off soaking in some serious reading and going again in the New Year.
    Thanks Turgon, you are about the hottest IT worker I have ever seen in a while if that is you in your avatar.
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck on the retake
  • UncleCidUncleCid Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    coax31 wrote:
    Thanks Turgon, you are about the hottest IT worker I have ever seen in a while if that is you in your avatar.

Duke Nukem line dancing is way hotter. lol
  • KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    its okay, I too failed last week, I thought I was going to get like an 800.. came back with a 586.. I was depressed, until I looked back over my results, and my study material.

I must have missed it by 5-6 questions.. and I realized that i made one lil mistake on one of the sims, that cost me partial credit, and that I got all the EASY drag-in answers wrong..

but luckily by some miracle got all the hardones right..

I'm trying to sign up for my 2nd shot.. going to give myself a lil less than 2 weeks to start hard for this exam.

I failed both 291 and 294.. I redeemed myself from the 291.. First was 670 then hit a 769.. so I'm hoping to get 720's on the 294.. we'll see.

GOODLUCK TO YOU!