Options

HP Zoning

flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Morning peeps,
Looking for some advice on an HP Sotrageworks 4/32 Fabric Switch in terms of zoning. We have an MSA 1000 and an EMC Clarion used as SAN storage for our servers connected through a Fabric HP Storageworks 4/32. Also attached to the switch is the HP Tape Libray MSL 6000. We are encountering issues since installing the EMC that when data is migrated from the MSA to the EMC or when new LUNS are created, the Tape Library gets knocked offline.
I'm thinking that zoning will resolve this issue but am not too familiar with zoning, nor the lovely HP console for the switch. Has anyone had experience with this? I created a zone the other day placing the Tape Drive as well as the Media Server that runs Backup Exec within it. Very quickly following this, the fileserver and exchange lost connection to the MSA, thus killing email and network shares. oops. Do I need to create a separate zone for the other servers and storage devices as well?
I'm confused and don't want to kill the network again, probably wouldn't go over well with the boss. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.