Options

This is splendid!!

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

Usually when i come across things like this almost half the globe has seen it before me, but just incase you havent then check this out

open a webpage that has a lot of images on and paste this into the address line

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName(%22img%22); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+%22px%22; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+%22px%22}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0);

Am impressed!!

Lee H

Comments

• Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hahaha... nice... Good luck trying to click the reply button after that. :P
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    GAH !

NO HAZZARD WARNING !

Be carefull if you have had too many shandies when you look at this... nearly fell off my chair !
    Kam.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    I can't wait to make that into a Vista Gadet or a screensaver!

Try using images from images.google.com, like: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=jupiter+planet+source%3Alife&btnG=Search+Images
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    JDMurray wrote:
    I can't wait to make that into a Vista Gadet or a screensaver!

Try using images from images.google.com, like: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=jupiter+planet+source%3Alife&btnG=Search+Images

Felt like it was going to burst through my screen and attack me.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    oh thats too much fun
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    That was pretty crazy..
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    very cool...although had to switch over to IE (blah) to get it to work properly, looks kinda funky in FF3.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    skrpune wrote:
    very cool...although had to switch over to IE (blah) to get it to work properly, looks kinda funky in FF3.
    Use the IE Tab add-on in FF3 to switch between FF3 and IE in the same tab using only a single click.

And the effect looks fine in my FF3.

I just tried it in Chrome and what it does to the Google logo is hilarious!
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pretty cool. Looked good on FF3. I definitely didn't expect that.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's pretty slick.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    That was cool.
  • Options
    Guys you will never guess, but I posted this same thread on another forum and i then got this message from the administrator

that little copy and paste you posted this morning is listed on other forums regarding stealing passwords on forums.
    you've been suspended for 7 days while i look into this

How can a simple cut and paste into a browser reveal your passwords?

Any idea if this is true?

Lee H
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    Sounds cool but I'm afraid to try it. can u post a pic. where u get it? :P

what will happen if I paste it on the address bar while browsing techexams.net ?
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    It works on here, i doubt its a hack, i think the other administrator on the forum is too paranoid

notice that he said

"regarding stealing passwords on forums"

I think this of all forums would be aware of such a hack which leads me to beleive its all bull****
  • Options
    its not working. also tried to use IE but it says:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img"); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px"; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0); on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at techexams.net Port

maybe I'm doing it wrong.... when I try to paste it, it always says forbidden.
  • Options
    I just tried it on www.argos.co.uk, and it works
  • Options
    Lee H wrote:
    I just tried it on www.argos.co.uk, and it works

now its working and I got your password. How did u do that? icon_lol.gif

cool man! :D
  • Options
    lol ladiesman, dont even joke about that, i doubt Johan has a sense of humor when it comes to users passwords, i have PM'd him to let him know so you may not see this thread later

can someone please decipher this text, i cant beleive i have been banned from the other forum, i just need to know now cos i have this on another forum
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Only when it's actually funny :o

JavaScript is a 'client-side' script, the code you posted only uses the contents of the page that is already loaded into your browser, which of course does not include your password. It simply creates an array of the images (based on the img tags in the page in your browser) and then enumerates through it to update the positions, nothing harmful. Replace 'img' with any other html tag (such as 'table') and then run it again. icon_cool.gif But besides that the passwords are encrypted (one-way), even I cannot read them (since they aren't really there, just the hash value).

Nice script btw, haven't seen anything like that over the past decade+. Reminds of the viruses before the Internet became common, like the ones that made all characters drop to the bottom of the screen (and also didn't do actual harm).

That said, if you can't predict the results of running such code don't run it at all, especially not at TE. Well, unless you want to try it a www.****.com or similar next time ;)

Thanks for the pm.

Johan
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    Reminds of the viruses before the Internet became common, like the ones that made all characters drop to the bottom of the screen (and also didn't do actual harm).
    I loved that effect as a screensaver. I could just watch it for hours, like fish in an aquarium. And it was so funny to secretly install it on someone's machine, watcher their reaction, and give them tech support. ("Oh yeah, you have that character drop-off problem. I think it's cause your RAM worn out." icon_lol.gif )
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    Clicking back on the address bar and hitting enter makes it go faster. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    JDMurray wrote:
    And it was so funny to secretly install it on someone's machine, watcher their reaction, and give them tech support. ("Oh yeah, you have that character drop-off problem. I think it's cause your RAM worn out." )
    Ah same joke worked worldwide I see icon_lol.gif I also remember renaming dos commands and creating batch files with the original command name that executes the command and the 'virus'. Note this is long before I even considered the possibility of a career as IT pro. icon_wink.gif