Options

Looking for Microsoft trainer or instructor

jeff.kadenjeff.kaden Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

Could anyone guide me through Microsoft trainers or some instructors? I'm looking for information about the best trainer available. I'm working as technical support officer in a small company, need to improve skills regarding Microsoft Operating Systems and specifically interested in MCSE.

Please advise!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's your budget? Are you able to teach yourself? I'd have them purchase an annual streaming subscription to CBT Nuggets. It'll be a fraction of the cost of a single class, and you'll always be able to review the material. I always feel like I'm scrambling to take notes, etc. in live classes. Have them give you enough for a good server and a Technet download subscription, which will allow you to download all MS products for testing/evaluation. Then, just setup a virtual lab and dig in! A subscription to Safari might appeal to you as well, but a lot of people prefer to read hard-copies. I do both :D

Some people are hesitant to embark on self-study, but I think its a great way to learn (in most circumstances). If you ever have any questions, you can just ask here.

Welcome to the forums :D
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Hi jeff - saw your post on another forum as well, and I'll say pretty much the same thing here as I said there...

I have to echo dynamik and toss a bunch of questions at you - what is it that you're looking for help with, what's your budget, where are you located, do you want a classroom or computer based training or tutoring... It's hard to tell you what to do or where to go without knowing more info about what you're looking for. By the way, is your company paying for it??
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    If you really want to have an instructor lead you through the microsoft material, check your local community college. Many times they have courses that are specifically geared for a specific test at a very reasonable price. Be sure to ask questions before you sign up if you are unsure about the content.

Honestly, you can probably learn it yourself with a little effort.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP