Options

Passed network+ score 860

Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
I am so happy I passed this today. I was quite nervous in taking this test. My test was 90 minutes and 90 questions. I was surprised to see some questions I didn't know one of the answers for and other where all 4 answers could be right. I got a lot of OSI questions and a few wireless N questions which I read up on before the test.

materials used:

1: exam prep 2005
2: cbt nuggets 2005
3: VLC networks+ 2005
4: Technotes book
5: exam prep questions

The training videos each concentrate on different areas which I found both very helpful for supplementing but not for test knowledge. It helps to see visual demonstration to put the pieces together. Considering I have no experience in computers, other then building my own rack server with 7 rack servers, these helped a lot. Now on to the windows 2003 MCSE! Thanks for all the help from forum members. This forum is great!
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

Comments

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    congrats on the pass whats next
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :D Good luck with MCSE.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats on the pass & great score! :D I'm FINALLY taking mine in a couple weeks (12/5) so hopefully I'll be joining you in celebration soon!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    I am definitely taking Microsoft up on it's pass or it's free 2nd chance offer. What do you guys suggest 70-290 first or 70-620 first? Either way if I take the Vista 70-620 first I plan on studying for the 70-270 and then studying for the 70-620 and test out on the Vista cert. I feel I have a lot of XP experience but want to know everything I can. Because in my opinion most business's will be using xp and 2003 in the next 3 years. I have seen a lot that just upgraded this year to Windows 2003 server.
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    One thing I thought I would note for people thinking about taking this test, mine was 90 minutes and 90 questions. It came down to :32 seconds left when I finished. I had marked 24 questions for further review that I was not 100% sure about and then went back and slowly took my time to figure out the right answer by eliminating 2 absolutely wrong answers and giving myself a 50% guess. There were probable only 12 that I was not sure of whether it was x or y. It might help to practice with some testing software that is timed. This one was very close in time for me.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 70-620 Vista exam is valid for the OS Core requirements for MCSA/MCSE 2003 as well as for all the 2008 track of MCITP exams. Good to get one out of the way that is a requirement for others. If you want to know about WinXP, you could consider taking the MCDST track, 70-271/70-272 exams, then upgrade with 70-621 MCITP:EST that will count for credit on all 70-620 requirements. Many Tier 1/2 Desktop Support positions in LA require MCDST.
  • Options
    harristsharrists Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation for the good score!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    MCSE next? Just say no.

OSes come and go but networks never die!

:)

Congrats on passing the Network+ !!!!!!!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.