Practice Tests - Trancender? CBT Nuggets? Others?

jeffslawjeffslaw Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm preparing for the network+ exam & was told that knowing the raw facts may not be enough if your not used to the scenario format questions Comptia uses. Does anyone recommend test questions (outside of what's offered by TechExams - free or otherwise)? I'm using several sources for prep material, but this is my first test in 10 years & I'm a little worried. I'm familiar with Trancender & the CBTNuggets test prep. Neither are cheap, but I'd probably buy one of them if they were highly recommended be people from this forum.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're looking for practice exams, go with Transcender. I prefer to over-prepare, and I'd rather spend money and a practice exam than a retake (especially with what CompTIA exams cost).
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Another option, especially if your on a budget...

Right now Preplogic has a "sale" on there practice exams, so the network+ exam is something like $57. I've used Preplogic and they are pretty good.
    http://www.preplogic.com/products/exams/view-practice-exams.aspx

Either one would be well worth the money. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    I don't want to sound like a spokesman for Exam prep, but their book and questions were very good. I got a 860/900 today on my test and I used those and watched the cbtnuggets/vlc videos.I also did a lot of Googling and reading other sources on things I didn't get. Probably 400 hours of studying. Some people in this forum took this test after 2 hours of studying. I really wanted the knowledge and was not in a hurry. I am going to try and code my own exam application in c# that reads the questions from an xml file. That way anyone can merely create their own xml files with questions for different subjects and point to the file they want to load. This eliminates the errors and cost of paying for other apps. If I do get it done I will share it with this forum.
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • jeffslawjeffslaw Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the posts. I'll look into all the sim tests mentioned.
  • hdmyg8586hdmyg8586 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found that connector you were looking for
    Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
    www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm
    It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.