PLZ COMMENT ON THIS

IT-TechIT-Tech Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
HELLO TO ALL
I WOULD LIKE YOU TO COMMENT THE WAY I PREPARED MY RESUME HERE.
ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, THEREFORE ANY SUGGESTIONS, CORRECTIONS ARE WELCOMED.
IF I SHOULD ADD OR REMOVE SOME SENTENCES, SPECIFY THEM PLEASE AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
SKILLS SUMMARY
• Knowing fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures related to computer hardware support.
• Work independently as well as within a team, Be adaptable to a changing technical environment & ability to work under pressure.
• Experience in diagnosing using and applying diagnostic tools in problem resolution.
• Punctual with time management skills &
• Ability to analyze identifies, diagnose, and resolve technical concerns involving desktop, printer, and other computer equipments reported by customers.
• 4 years plus of experience supporting computer systems Responsible for computer hardware support, maintenance and troubleshooting. PC network connectivity, computer installs, ticket resolution and end user application support.
• Extremely dependable and diligent IT professional who manages multiple tasks and works well under pressure
• Talented IT professional seeking a position to utilize my skills and abilities in the Information Technology Industry that offers Professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and flexible.
• Performs hands-on fixes, testing, and quality assurance processes, performing preventative maintenance at the desktop level.

Work History & Experiences
April 2004-October 2006: XXXXXXXXXXX (Pty) Ltd
Position: Workshop/Field Support Technician
Key Technical Skills & Duties
• Provide technical and operational support for MS Operating Systems, MS office and numerous software packages such as antivirus programs & other system utilities.
• Technically assisting end users on a variety of issues concerning the use of computer systems, including printing, faxing, scanning, and Email.
• Assembling new computers, performing peripheral component ads, moves, changes, such as monitors, keyboards, and network interface cards, disk & optical drives for upgrade, performance boosting, and replacements.

February–November 2007: XXXXXXXXXX
Position: I.T Field Engineer
Job Responsibilities
• Escalates hardware, software incidents that can not be resolved to appropriate levels of support in a timely manner.
• Strong commitment to customer service focuses with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients.

Projects Completed under Bytes Managed Services
1. XXXX PC Rollout Project:
• Dismantling & inventorying existing machines, unpack, and organize the new hardware as they are gathered from workstations.
• Setting up internet explorer & network printing according to company needs, and troubleshooting issues as they arise.

2. XXXX Bank Software Update Project, loading Radia Cache Proxy Server software as an update to the bank’s dell servers.

3. XXXX Insurance PC Rollout Project:
• Backing up user’s data to a file server, configuring custom applications such as Lotus Notes, AS400, HP Digital Scanner 9100 & 9200.
• Ghost the new computers, migrate end user profile settings to the new computers and network them with a new Windows Server 2003 along with UNIX VMWARE in each branch.

4. XXXXX Online Project: Diagnose, maintain hardware problems and replacing defective parts at some government schools in Gauteng.
February 2008, - To date: Self Employed
• Computer sales, network setup, utilizing my experience in computer services
• Cabling network sites, terminating and troubleshooting wiring issues using cat 5/5e UTP cable, Internet setup and configurations, using dialup, ISDN, DSL, wireless technology such as Iburst, & 3G HSDPA.

Comments

• hugoluckyhugolucky Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you-are-management-material.. definitely
    "WHAT DOES THAT MEANS PLEASE?
    I MEAN MANAGEMENT MATERIALS?????"

it means ur either a joke or youre full of crap
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    after just a quick review, I'd say you need to watch your verb tenses. For example, you've got "provide" and "escalates" and "assembling" and it needs to be all the same (provided, escalated, assembled...). In general, you want it all to be in the past tense.

In the skills summary, no offense, but most of the lines need some rewriting or rearrangement. For example:
    "Knowledge of fundamental concepts..."
    "Able to (or ability to, your choice) work independently as well as part of a team; adaptable to changing technical environment; ability to work under pressure" or something like that.
    "Experienced with use and application of diagnostic tools..." (you might want to combine this with the line about resolving printer/desktop/computer equipment as it's a bit redundant)
    "Strong time management and prioritization skills" (no need to say you're punctual, they expect you to be on time)
    "Skills at preventative maintenance and quality assurance at the desktop level"

I'd cut out the sentence about managing multiple tasks & mix it in with the time management line, and you've already said you can work well under pressure. If you're going to keep "Talented IT professional..." line, then you need to move it out of the skills section & make yourself an Objective section, or put it on your cover letter somehow. It isn't really a skill and doesn't fit with everything else you listed.

Also the work history order needs to be reversed so that your last or current position is first and your oldest position held is last. I'd retitle the section to either "Work History" or "Experience" - not a combo of both. Be careful about those verb tenses and make them all match.

Do you have any education or certifications listed on your resume?
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    not paraphrasing and/or copying skill requirements from job postings and using them as qualifications would also be helpful

maybe someone helped you with your resume, if so, they did you no favor, to me its obvious what i am reading
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    IT-Tech wrote:
    4. XXXXX Online Project: Diagnose, maintain hardware problems and replacing defective parts at some government schools in Gauteng.
    February 2008, - To date: Self Employed
    • Computer sales, network setup, utilizing my experience in computer services
    Cabling network sites, terminating and troubleshooting wiring issues using cat 5/5e UTP cable, Internet setup and configurations, using dialup, ISDN, DSL, wireless technology such as Iburst, & 3G HSDPA.[/quote]

The bolded parts confuse me.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus