Options

Audio help

BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hea All,

I had to re-install Vista on my Dell XPS 1530 last night. I have a logitech Z-5500 Digital sound system. Since the new install I can not seem to get the center and sub working.

I have re-installed the sound driver I got with the Laptop, and no joy, there are three audio jacks that run of the device that control the settings for the device e.g 6 ch direct/movie/music, I plug them em I get the option for front,rear speakers(the ones that work) but the sub and center do not.

What can I do? Anything I can tweak?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

When you unplug 1 of the jacks and then put it back in, does it promt you to select what it is, example "Line In", I once had to reset this on my 5.1 setup using the Realtek settings program, it automatically promted me when I plugged it it and what was pre-selected was incorrect so I had to chage it, then it worked fine

Hope this helps

Lee H
  • Options
    Yes it does ask me, I have a display that says Front panel and three settings: Front speakers Center/lfe speakers Rear speakers.

No matter what way I set them up(moving the cables around) it doest work, Sigma Tel Audio is what I am using.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    then i recommend you eliminate the speakers as the issue, if you know anyone with 5.1 sound on their PC take your speakers round and connect them up, if it works then you cal look closer at your laptop maybe a driver update
  • Options
    Ya Lee a connected them up to my pc, which I dont really use, and they worked fine, got the latest driver too! Speakers suck now no kick of them with out that big sub working icon_sad.gif