CCNP renewal

stinggraystinggray Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Techexams!

I have my CCNP renewal coming up and want to ensure my plan for renewing it is worthwhile.
I visited Cisco's section on renewals:
http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_about_recertification.html#ccnp_ccdp_ccip_ccsp_ccvp

The 642-524 SNAF exam will reup my CCNP?
It just seems too good to be true! Please reasure me... I am not dreaming this up right?

FYI - My CCNP expires 3/10/2009 and I plan on taking the 642-524 exam on 2/16/09 or so.

Also, does anyone have a scale on difficutly for the 642-524 exam? Something like:
642-892 = difficulty of 9
642-825 = difficutly of 7.5
642-524 = difficutly of ??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dude, why aren't you on your written yet? ;)

Yea, any 642 will renew all your pro-level certs. I'm a Cisco noob though, so I have no clue about the difficulty.

Welcome to the forums :D
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah you should be fine as its a 642 pro exam. As for the difficulty someone else will have to answer that for you.

You could just resit your bcmsn or something if you want to renew it quickly.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    You got it mang... any pro-level exam will do the job. So yep, the SNAF is a good choice.

Your scoring idea ia good, but it means getting someone who's sat every exam to give you their "opinion". Both MikeJ and dtlokee fit the bill... they might be inclined to give you a hint.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • stinggraystinggray Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for fast responses everyone!

dynamik
    LOL - I am security focused and have been for the last 3 or so years. So, I would need to study for the CCIE written exam. I enjoy the time I spend with my wife and son too much to give that up for studing!

mikearama
    I'll hope that I catch MikeJ and/or dtlokee! Thanks for the tip.
    I understand this would just be their opinion which could vary drastically based on their work experiences and such. I'm just too curious to not ask.
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    stinggray wrote:
    Thanks for fast responses everyone!

dynamik
    LOL - I am security focused and have been for the last 3 or so years. So, I would need to study for the CCIE written exam. I enjoy the time I spend with my wife and son too much to give that up for studing!

mikearama
    I'll hope that I catch MikeJ and/or dtlokee! Thanks for the tip.
    I understand this would just be their opinion which could vary drastically based on their work experiences and such. I'm just too curious to not ask.

The CCIE Written is almost like a comprehensive review of the CCNP material and is required for the CCIE lab.. so it might make more sense to take it.. unless finances are an issue then you could just pass a 642-xxx (as previously mentioned)
    CCIE - COMPLETED!