Options

I'm done...

2»

Comments

• Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree, its not something that could or should be rushed. Everyone that accomplishes them are due enormous credit because the determination required alone is paramount. I'm planning to set aside an entire year for CCNP. Its mind boggling to me to even think CCIE... I have considerable respect for you all that walk that path!
  • Options
    a543047a543047 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yep, i have to agree too. i like the slowly but surely approach shown on this forum.

think i'll just coast at work for the next couple of years and study till i get my number. after all things are going to be slow for a couple of years and working at my usual break neck speed brought me nothing.

Everyone has their own pace and amount of time to dedicate to their studies. I personally don't think you can pass the CCIE and be left with nothing no matter what speed you study at.
    CCIE #22769
    Routing and Switching
    Service Provider
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When (not if) i eventually go for the CCIE i wont be rushed into it. you should take everything you can out of it because when your in that position your salary rockets along with job responsibility but you will only stay there if you can do the job ;) So take your time johndouglas icon_cool.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    gorebrush wrote:
    CCIE in mid 2010 anyone ;) ?

I will if you will!
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    a543047 wrote:
    skeet2331 wrote:
    How much time did you spend studying for the lab roughly?

I spent 11 months from start to finish. I included plenty of technology specific labs during my study for the Written portion.

I am definitely taking the rest of the year off, what's left of it, and moving onto the CCIE SP track in Feb of 09.

Just note that I am married with no kids yet and 24 years old. I have no major commitements other than my wife and work so I have some time to dedicate to studying. The real credit goes to those folks juggling a marriage, full-time gig, and kids while studying for any IE track! I almost went bonkers while preparing for the exam so I have no idea how they do it.

The CCIE is only impossible if you let it be.

Thanks everyone for the all of the congrats!

Ted

Wow, this actually brought tears to my eyes, nothing like humilty when it feels sincere (my comment is sincere if there's any doubt)

After that serious note, you're like the Barack Obama of cisco or something :) Ted 2012! :D

Ok, now I'm serious again! May I ask what you do at work and how much lab time you put in not counting work hours? Also were you labbing on real equipment or GNS?

Yours Humbly,

/creamy
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Mrock4 wrote:
    gorebrush wrote:

I will if you will!

Well I was going to do a CCVP after CCNP, so CCIE might be 2011/2012.

I would like CCIE done before I'm 30 though.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    gorebrush wrote:
    Mrock4 wrote:
    gorebrush wrote:

I will if you will!

Well I was going to do a CCVP after CCNP, so CCIE might be 2011/2012.

I would like CCIE done before I'm 30 though.

I was going to do CCIP after CCNP, but now I'm leaning towards heading straight towards the CCIE after CCNP. I'd say a fair estimate for me is the written test out of the way in 2009, and my first attempt late 2010..of course this could change completely by the time 2010 rolls around. We shall see.
  • Options
    a543047a543047 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    a543047 wrote:
    skeet2331 wrote:
    How much time did you spend studying for the lab roughly?

I spent 11 months from start to finish. I included plenty of technology specific labs during my study for the Written portion.

I am definitely taking the rest of the year off, what's left of it, and moving onto the CCIE SP track in Feb of 09.

Just note that I am married with no kids yet and 24 years old. I have no major commitements other than my wife and work so I have some time to dedicate to studying. The real credit goes to those folks juggling a marriage, full-time gig, and kids while studying for any IE track! I almost went bonkers while preparing for the exam so I have no idea how they do it.

The CCIE is only impossible if you let it be.

Thanks everyone for the all of the congrats!

Ted

Wow, this actually brought tears to my eyes, nothing like humilty when it feels sincere (my comment is sincere if there's any doubt)

After that serious note, you're like the Barack Obama of cisco or something :) Ted 2012! :D

Ok, now I'm serious again! May I ask what you do at work and how much lab time you put in not counting work hours? Also were you labbing on real equipment or GNS?

Yours Humbly,

/creamy

I work at a University with just under 1000 switches/routers as a network engineer. I never kept track of all my hours but usually 4-6 hours a day. I used GNS for the most part but also had spare 3550s from work.
    CCIE #22769
    Routing and Switching
    Service Provider