BCMSN Passed

kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
Tested on the BCMSN exam today, and passed with an 864.

On to celebrate with a good dinner and maybe some amazon browsing for new books :)

Any ideas besides cisco press books? I can see that both ONT and ISCW dont contain self-study guides, so have you guys used anything else to make up for it?
Studying for CCNP (All done)

Comments

• mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Nice job bro... a rather tricky exam, eh? Good for you.

The Cert Guides are a good place to start, and I found the Bryant material to be a great filler for the details not well covered by the Guides.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats man!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COngrats man.

Can i ask how long you studied for the exam?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Thanks guys.

Sure, I spent about 1.5 months on it. Used the Self-study + exam guide, as well as lab portfolio and quick reference sheets and command book for night time reading :)

Mike: The Bryant study guide, is that the ISCW study package on his site you used? (think its $67).
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Keep an eye on the exam topics and check them off your study list as you go through the Exam Certification Guide. Then hit up the Cisco Documentation and White Papers to find anything that wasn't covered at all, or wasn't covered to your satisfaction.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job...I'm taking my BCMSN on the December 12th, any suggestions? :D

I have been studying the BCMSN Cert Guide, Chris Bryants study guide and CBT nuggets for the past 2 months but am still a bit nervous
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

icon_cheers.gif

Hey, does anyone know if the Bryant guides are "portable"? I'd want to be able to use them at home and work, but some of the downloadable stuff you get these days locks you down to one computer. Looked on his site, but couldn't find the info there.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats man!! I heard the QoS book (642-642) would be good for ONT seeing that QoS is part of the syllabus.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats man!!!!!! I knew you would nail it soon!!!!

For books for the ISCW and the ONT, check the exam cert guides.. but also check out Chris Bryant's material.. it's by far worth the money (and it's cheap in comparison). Just make sure if you have any questions on things to consult the DocCD as the "authority" on IOS.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!